X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:56 AM

I have a 1.6b version xbox.
I want to install
unleashX or XBMC

I don't want to FTP if i don't have to,
Is there a way i could create a boot up disk to do this without ftping?

And what is the difference between a slayer and a dashboard? Sorry for the ignorance.

Thanks for the help.

-Andrew.

#2 ItchyB

ItchyB

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:04 PM

Slayers is a tool that enables you to install many apps (dashboards among them) from a DVD. So for what you want to do download Slayers 2.6 or Auto Installer Deluxe boot from the disk and choose your options from your menu.

#3 Xombe

Xombe

X-S Xbox Xombe

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,198 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:15 PM

Only thing is, Slayers installes Evox and Avalaunch, but not UnleashX. But you can install UnleashX by making a bootdisc very similiar to how you make an Evox boot disc, and use it's built-in file manager (while booted from the bootdisc) to copy itself wherever you want.

If you want it as your main dash, you'd make it like an Evox bootdisc, but using the UnleashX files, copy over the bare minimum of config.xml and default.xbe to C:\ root, and then renaming the copied default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe (or whatever your BIOS looks for first).

Personally, I think Xbox Media Center is an excelent dashboard, but it's a bit trickier to set up (especially without FTPing).

#4 iam_turner

iam_turner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2005 - 12:41 PM

Well, i am confident in my ability to network the xbox and ftp, i am just really anxious to get this up and running tonight. I don't have the necessary equipment to network. I just need another nic card and a crossover cable.

I suppose i could just set up evox tonight and get a better dashboard tomorrow...

Thanks for your help, and your niceness to newbies.
Peace!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users