#1 #XboxBoy#

#XboxBoy#

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 28 January 2005 - 12:31 AM

If the dev kits are out now should the hacking began now or does Ms only sell it to Game companies. I know they cost a insane amount like the for first sdk but i would think that team xodus and xecuter have enough money to invest in buying one.

#2 Sord_Fish

Sord_Fish

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:10 AM

blink.gif not to sure, but dont think MS would sell the xdk to a modchip manufacturer.
... but it is MS so anythings possible.

also we could have a 'gamecube' type of situation and no mods come out for years and by then most people have lost intest especially if competing console are a lot more popular and have better games.

#3 chittnp

chittnp

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2005 - 01:34 AM

I think the main reason why is that the final hardware layout of the Xenon is certain yet, so untill the mod-chip makers know what its definately going to have and how its laid out, they cant start developing a chip for it

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE(Sord_Fish @ Jan 27 2005, 06:41 PM)
also we could have a 'gamecube' type of situation and no mods come out for years and by then most people have lost intest especially if competing console are a lot more popular and have better games.

View Post

i think the gamecube situation was not that it was difficult to hack, but rather no one cared

#5 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 06:57 AM

QUOTE(#XboxBoy# @ Jan 28 2005, 01:02 AM)
If the dev kits are out now should the hacking began now or does Ms only sell it to Game companies. I know they cost a insane amount like the for first sdk but i would think that team xodus and xecuter have enough money to invest in buying one.

View Post

You need a Programer License plus $10,000 or more.

#6 markland556

markland556

The xbox scene master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,708 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ Jan 27 2005, 10:45 PM)
i think the gamecube situation was not that it was difficult to hack, but rather no one cared

View Post

thats exactly it, why do u wanna a systme that has only a few good games and dont even have close to enough poeple to invest in it. if you really look at it, the guy that didi the viper could have done it in about 3 months if he really wanted to, counting on he diddnt use anyone elses code and market it. beerchug.gif

#7 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2005 - 07:45 AM

like this...............

user posted image

#8 #XboxBoy#

#XboxBoy#

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 January 2005 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(kkattfish @ Jan 28 2005, 08:16 AM)
like this...............
user posted image

View Post

yeah that is for xbox1 and i could see a modchip company buying one if it give them the chance to be able to make a modchip when xboxnext comes out.Even if it cost 10000 its an investment.

#9 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P

Posted 29 January 2005 - 12:04 AM

The developement kits being passed out are NOT finalized dev kits, they are only PC's with the specifications of the next console will be (ROUGHLY)

The NDA's and contracts are so strong then even if a modchip company bought one (they don't have the dough of credentials to but in a maybe situation) they wouldn't be able to alter the software at all/even see the next Xbox's final design so what's the point in the first place? One could only develope a game based around the specs at this time and use the provided tools to port that over to the Xbox next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users