shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:07 PM

Hey all, i am wondering how to mold a case window for your xbox. I know that you have to use a heatgun, which i have, but i was wondering if you place the window in its spot in the case and then heat it up, or heat the plexi up and then put it in. Thanks

#2 shazzahazza

shazzahazza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:11 PM

wow...i hope im right...ive never done it but why would you do it right next to the case that makes ZERO sense. i think its "common sense" to mold it or draw on it a diagram type thing with a washable marker or something where to mold it at. otherwise you'll warp your case with the heatgun

--Shazza--

#3 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:16 PM

huh.gif good point, but i didnt think it would be accurate enough if i didnt do it in the case

#4 shazzahazza

shazzahazza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:18 PM

i would suggest setting the plexi glass underneath and tracing around where you want to mold with a dry erase marker, than mold to that line

--Shazza--

#5 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 04:21 PM

actually you made a good point up top, but i think you may have misunderstood where i am molding. The top of the XBOX is not flat, it is rounded, so therfore i must bend the plastic to curve with the shape of the xbox. correct me if i am wrong but i thought you might have misunderstood ph34r.gif

#6 shazzahazza

shazzahazza

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 05:49 PM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I GOTCHA NOW! haha, well.. what would i do..dont bend it on the case....heres what i would do, heat up the plexiglass and than stick it on top of the case to mold around the X while its still hot, it shouldnt warp the case than unless the plastic is blazing, do it fast and dont press the hot plexi too hard on the case or it will heat as well.

--Shazza--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users