"frags" Only Once!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 msklazyace

msklazyace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Xboxes (modded of course!!)<br />Music (loud!)<br />Movies (funny)<br />Girls (HOT)<br />Cars (FAST)<br />Other crap.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 30 January 2005 - 05:07 AM

uhh.gif

I have installed X3 before without too much trouble before wink.gif (emphasis on the wink!!), but this one gets me. When I power up the xbox, instead of a nice, assuring, glowing blue light, I get no light for about 5 seconds on the X3 external switch, then it turns red and boots up to the M$ dash. But if I power it down and back up it boots up modded. It seems as when I leave the xbox off for a while OR drain the power ( disconnect A/C and hit power) and try to power it up it has the same lag. I have checked the voltages at the LPT and they seem good. If I unplug the X3 from the LPT it boots up fine. I've also tried re-flashing the bios, but to no avail. Any Ideas?

BTW it is a ver. 1.1 w/X3 pin header install.

Thanks a mil,

Msklazyace

#2 msklazyace

msklazyace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Xboxes (modded of course!!)<br />Music (loud!)<br />Movies (funny)<br />Girls (HOT)<br />Cars (FAST)<br />Other crap.

Posted 31 January 2005 - 11:30 PM

sad.gif

Any help........please! Any ideas at all?

Thanks

(P.S. I know this problem really isn't a frag, but I didn't know what to call it!)

#3 ILTB

ILTB

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Interests:Damn, ask me.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:46 AM

I may be way off here but does the clock need setting?

#4 msklazyace

msklazyace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for the responce!!

Some times we forget some fundemental things! But unfortunately that's not what it is. Usually when you don't set the time you get a dashboard error. But I checked it out anyways. I drained the xbox of all power and let it set. I started it up and it asked for the date and time, so I set it. I powered it down and let it set for about an hour. When I restarted it again it lagged, then booted up to M$ dash but did not ask for the time and date. I checked the time and date in settings and they are current. But again thanks for the responce. I need all the communication about the matter that I can, so I don't go out and "fix it good" with a shotgun!!

Thanks and I appreciate it,

msklazyace

beerchug.gif

#5 msklazyace

msklazyace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 01:29 AM

Another thing I notice is that when I boot to Flash Bios (eject and power) it turns purple for a second then turns blue, but it still goes to the Flash Bios screen! I also notice when I turn it on and it boots to M$ dash automaticly, after about a minute, the red light turns blue!

CRAZY!!!!!

I think I am going to pull the X3 and try in my other Xbox, then if the X3 is ok, redo the soldering one more time! (always helps)

Thanks

#6 msklazyace

msklazyace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:28 AM

Hey,

I finally found the time to swap out the new X3 with another X3 and guess what?? It worked no problem! To be sure, I put the new X3 in a previously modded Xbox and it had the same problems as before. Soooo... that means bad X3 chip. But, I've had it to long for a return so I will just have to buy a new one. BTW I got the chip from chipdealer.com

Good luck modding,

#7 Geni-Tech

Geni-Tech

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 01:30 AM

You like spamming the board dont u. muhaha.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users