3 replies to this topic

#1 Starkeyluv

Starkeyluv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 08:54 PM

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question and I apologize if it is'nt, but here goes anyways. Well, I had my box modded about 2 weeks ago by a local chip installer. He upgraded the hdd with a 120 maxtor and all of the latest apps and dashes and everything worked fine. But after two weeks of backing up games and movie files on my harddrive I was really down to about 30 gigs left. The marketpro comp show was here this weekend so I went and got myself a new 250 gig wd drive. I came home and backed up my entire xbox hdd on my pc via ftp. Afterwards I pulled the 120g from the xbox and installed the 250. I don't have a slayers disk and never made one, so I simply used the disk management tool in the x3 live bios. I formatted the new drive for use with f and g support and locked it.Then I ftped c and e drives back from my computer to the xbox. I then tried to boot into the m$ dash to make sure everything worked, but I got an error 21 msg. The drive is locked and I made sure that I backed up the c and e drives 100%. So I can't figure out what could be causing this error. Then when I went back to the x3 live screen I saw an eeprom tool. Was I supposed to back the eeprom up to the chip and then use that backup to put on the new hdd ?? I did a search for a tut on using the x3 disk tools to upgrade a hdd, but every tut I found was using evox dash to do it. Any help would be great. On a side note, I reinstalled my f drive and all my apps and programs work. The only thing I can't do is boot into the m$ dash, every time I do that I get the error 21.

#2 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:24 PM

You are either missing some dashboard files, or he did something to the dash that changed the signature. You can find the original ms dash floating around in the usual places. Either that or download slayers, unpack the iso and steal the ms dash out of there.

#3 Starkeyluv

Starkeyluv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 January 2005 - 09:53 PM

thanks for the info, I will post back and let you know if that fixes it.

#4 Starkeyluv

Starkeyluv

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 01:11 AM

Once again, thanks to Acemilo. I could 'nt find a copy of the original M$ dash at the usual spot but I did find the slayers torrent. I downloaded that and it worked like a charm. Did'nt bother any of my settings either, it just reinstalled the M$ dash on c and completely left everything else alone. Now the M$ dash boots perfectly. Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users