Photo

Made Xiso File With Quix....nero Burn Fails!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hogfan

hogfan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:20 AM

I've been doing backups for a long time, but I've never burned one of my .iso files to a DVD-RW. I usually just use quix to send it via FTP to my XBOX. I'm trying to burn a couple of my Isos to DVDs now and am having a problem with Nero Burning ROM 6.0 I try to burn the.xiso image to it, and the burn fails (says write error) at about 33%. I've been able to burn other things just fine. Is there something special I have to do when burning an xISO to a DVD in Nero? Any insight is exremely appreciated.

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 31 January 2005 - 04:24 AM

Use DVDDecrypter....its way better for xISO.

#3 hogfan

hogfan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:00 AM

Thanks, I forgot about that app. I haven't made any Divx in a long time! smile.gif I forgot you can burn with it. And it burns FAST too! Thanks for the tip.

#4 Stickee

Stickee

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:54 AM

I agree. I've just started backing up games to DVD-RW (rather than playing off HD), and I've had problems with Nero - it would get to 100% written, then just hang. Tried DVD Decryptor and things went off without a hitch.

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2005 - 07:03 AM

I agree. DVD Decrypter really has a knack for burning good XBOX ISOS.

#6 hogfan

hogfan

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 05:12 PM

Hmmm..............Well, I backup my copy of Burnout 3 and it loaded fine from the DVD-RW in my Xbox with Phillips drive. However, then I made .xIsos with Quix of Mercenaries and Prince of Persia: Warrior Within, and burned exactly the same way using DVD Decrypter. One of them locked up my DVD drive in XBOX, and the other one wouldn't even read. Any ideas as to why these don't work and the first one did? Would the mediaflag in the .xbe being patched have anything to do with this? Any tips appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users