CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:45 PM

I got the ISO of EvoX and installed it onto my HDD...does that mean i'm using the EvoX BIOS? If so...which one?

#2 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:48 PM

if you didn't get a bin file and flash your onboard bios, then you're not using the evox bios. the iso file is for the evox dashboard

#3 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore

Posted 19 August 2002 - 11:53 PM

Ok..is it hard to flash the BIOS??? And what good does flashing the BIOS do? Doesnt it let u take out the modchip

#4 cyrusuncc

cyrusuncc

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 12:26 AM

bascially.. it overwrites the onboard (retail) bios with the modified one so the modchip is pretty worthless after that.

If your comforatable with soldering, then flashing the onboard bios is pretty easy. Look at the tutorials on this site. If not, then it'll be difficult.

#5 Lanjao

Lanjao

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 07:24 AM

Sorry I am a total newbie on these things and am quite confused with all these modchip, dashboard and bios. With playstation or ps2, all you do is solder a modchip and you are done. Whats with the bios flash or dashboard upgrades?

What exactly is needed to get region-free DVD, play import originals, play backups? no-swap?

Can I just solder the bios flash switch, flash the evolution x bios and upgrade dashboard? What will that give me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users