• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Amsol

Amsol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 02:49 AM

I just got an x-bit 1.5, came pre-flashed which did not work only fragged. so I flashed it and tried it again still just fraging, so I thought I would try to flash it again, but now it is'nt recognized by my PC. I'm going to send it back, but thought i would see if there was anything I could do first. Thanks

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:22 PM

Send it back. Xbit is shit. Why do people keep buying them?

If you really dont want to send it back (you should though) then you might be able to get it to flash on another PC? also removing all USB devices before plugging the chip in can help the computer recognise the xbit.

Edited by Silentscream__, 01 February 2005 - 08:24 PM.

#3 Amsol

Amsol

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:37 PM

No your right its shit, I only hope I can exchange for a different chip instead of another x-bit. Whats recomended?

#4 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:52 PM

Xenium ice. Best chip out there for ease of use.

#5 Spice Guy

Spice Guy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 08:54 AM

People keep on buying the Xbit because they arent that bad a chip, and they are quite a cheap alternative for someone who just wants to be able to flash different bios's to a chip.

Granted they might not be as good as a Xenium or an Executer 3, but then again these are 4th gen chips, and the xbit isnt.

Reading the forums, there are people out there who have issues using the Xeniums and the Executers.

I have installed 5 xbits so far and will be installing another one this weekend and they all work fine no problems.

I was even toying with the idea of buying a Xenium but decided i didnt need all the xtra stuff it provides, so i chose another xbit.

Each to there own. biggrin.gif

#6 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE(Spice Guy @ Feb 4 2005, 07:00 AM)
People keep on buying the Xbit because they arent that bad a chip, and they are quite a cheap alternative for someone who just wants to be able to flash different bios's to a chip.

Granted they might not be as good as a Xenium or an Executer 3, but then again these are 4th gen chips, and the xbit isnt.

Reading the forums, there are people out there who have issues using the Xeniums and the Executers.

I have installed 5 xbits so far and will be installing another one this weekend and they all work fine no problems.

I was even toying with the idea of buying a Xenium but decided i didnt need all the xtra stuff it provides, so i chose another xbit.

Each to there own.  biggrin.gif

View Post

I would agree that yes, it is a cheaper chip, and if you can get it to work then it does its job fine.
My argument would be that DMS hasnt really done anything to support users with this chip.
All of the other chip manufacturers have members here moderating their chips support forum, they have their own support forum and they provide regular updatyes fot their chips.

The only update to the Xbit DMS have made appears to have only caused more problems with people either not being able to flash their chips because of the badly written software, or for some reason or other the stealth mode on the 1.5 xbit wont work.

Alot of the issues people are having with the other chips are, alot of the time, the users fault. With the xbit, the blame is often on the software and bad quality of the chip.

The main thing i really cant understand is why DMS dont seem to take any interest in this product, especially as their PS2 chip is the best out there!

Anyway, its your choice whether you buy it or not, just my advice would be not to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users