• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 theinsanepenguin

theinsanepenguin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests: here is a hint. im on an xbox moding site.i am a member of halomods.it i am a gamer with no life!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:14 AM

what i intend to do is carve out the power symbol on the power button and fill it with clear plastic and then have a dull led behind it when the box is off and a bright one when it is on but i have absolutly no idea how to wire that up! has anyone done this before and if so how did you do it?

#2 xp-power

xp-power

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Interests:My Sexy Charlotte :p and of course Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:20 AM

hay good i dear u have put a idear into my head i know that the is a powercable on the PSU that is diffrent Volts when on and off if there is a LED or a chip which only turns on when a currant is at a cirtain voltage i will dig into it, if u have a 1.6 is would be better due to i already have pictures of the 1.6 psu

#3 xzphatboizx69

xzphatboizx69

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:46 AM

the brown or purple wire coming for the psu is 3.3 stand by power, its up to u how figure out to wire that up

#4 theinsanepenguin

theinsanepenguin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Interests: here is a hint. im on an xbox moding site.i am a member of halomods.it i am a gamer with no life!

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:24 AM

ok ill try some stuff and ya i do have a 1.6b

#5 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE(theinsanepenguin @ Feb 1 2005, 09:30 PM)
ok ill try some stuff and ya i do have a 1.6b

View Post

In that case, the standby is 5v, not 3.3.

From what I've read on how others have done it... Simply wire the positive side of the LED to the 5v standby (using a resistor of course), and the negative side of the LED to a regular 5v source. This way, when the xbox is off, the regular 5v will act as a ground, turning the LED on, and once you turn the xbox on, the 5v line will go high, canceling the current to the LED.

In short... xbox off, light on ... xbox on, light off.

#6 ruffian

ruffian

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:drumn'bass, computers/electronics/video games, firearms, car audio, real estate, off-road, disc golf

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:48 AM

That sounds like it would work well, but he also wants brighter illumination when the xbox is on too...perhaps add another (brighter or different colored) LED in there alongside the standby LED, hooked to a +5v red wire, or...

Use a bi-color LED, hooking one side ("standby" color) up to the standby power wire, the other side (other "powered on" color) to standard +5v, and the middle to a black (ground) wire.

#7 xp-power

xp-power

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Interests:My Sexy Charlotte :p and of course Xbox

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(JaredC01 @ Feb 2 2005, 06:45 AM)
In that case, the standby is 5v, not 3.3.

From what I've read on how others have done it...  Simply wire the positive side of the LED to the 5v standby (using a resistor of course), and the negative side of the LED to a regular 5v source.  This way, when the xbox is off, the regular 5v will act as a ground, turning the LED on, and once you turn the xbox on, the 5v line will go high, canceling the current to the LED.

In short... xbox off, light on ... xbox on, light off.

View Post

HI how can i test it without blowing my xbox up is it with a multimeter or something, with a flashing LED is it when there is power going through it it flashes or does it mean it can flash without burning out the led (get what i mean)

I dont know if this would help you

user posted image

Edited by xp-power, 03 February 2005 - 01:40 AM.

#8 theinsanepenguin

theinsanepenguin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:57 AM

thanks do you know if that power chart is the same on a 1.6b as on a 1.6

#9 XBOXCUSTOMS69

XBOXCUSTOMS69

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, PS3, PSP, PS2
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:48 AM

How about 1.4 and 1.5, i would love to do the same thing, but i hear that the 1.6 psu is a lot different than the 1.4 and 1.5. Do you have a pinout of one of those?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nevermind, i found where your pic came from and it had my answer.
Just in case anyone wanted to know it is Here.

Edited by XBOXCUSTOMS69, 03 February 2005 - 03:56 AM.

#10 reZz

reZz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:07 AM

Putting in 2 LED's with different Ohm resistors would work for the bright/not bright part I think.

#11 theinsanepenguin

theinsanepenguin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:48 AM

just to tell ya dont do this unless you have a really steady hand when dremmeling
i cut in just alittle to deep and destroyed the button (the silver part not the actual one on the circut board) so now i need to get a replacemnet part. also its a really really small amount of space to work with so i recomend 1, 2color led and a flat rectangle one at that

#12 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:20 AM

Im actually thinking about doing a standby light now. No idea why, its not needed for me but doesn't seem hard. If you say the brown or purple wire from the psu is 3.3 volts then thats perfect for an LED! most need 3.3 volts i think, but if its 5 then u'll need to get a resistor

#13 JaredC01

JaredC01

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:22 PM

My suggestion for cutting out the indented part, use an exacto knife, applying light pressure, and go over the pattern about 30-40 times. It will give you a clean cut, without much chance of screwing everything up.

As for wanting a brighter light when the xbox is on... the LED ring around the eject button already turns on, so I don't see the need for the LED(s) to be brighter when you turn the xbox on. Just my thoughts on it...

#14 waqas

waqas

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:47 PM

I WANT TO DO THIS NOW, so does anyone know what is the 3.3v colour wire in the first xbox released.

#15 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:31 PM

I believe all of these pin-outs (and many more) are also available in the Sticky FAQ post wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users