• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2005 - 08:17 AM

It says in the readme:

CODE

Install instructions:

1. Determine what lba48 patches support your drive. For F taking rest of drive you want 06, for F+G you want 67.

2. In the "support files" folder, run the appropriate nkpatcher and font batch files for your drive.

NOTE: If you are confused, or do not have a large hard drive, run 71-fonts-install.bat, then nkpatcher-06-install.bat

What would I want to run for a stock V1.6 xbox.... would it be 71-fonts-install.bat, then nkpatcher-06-install.bat?

#2 RoyD

RoyD

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:00 AM

QUOTE(IAmCanadian @ Feb 2 2005, 08:23 AM)
It says in the readme:

CODE

Install instructions:

1. Determine what lba48 patches support your drive. For F taking rest of drive you want 06, for F+G you want 67.

2. In the "support files" folder, run the appropriate nkpatcher and font batch files for your drive.

NOTE: If you are confused, or do not have a large hard drive, run 71-fonts-install.bat, then nkpatcher-06-install.bat

What would I want to run for a stock V1.6 xbox.... would it be 71-fonts-install.bat, then nkpatcher-06-install.bat?

View Post

run 71-fonts-install.bat and nkpatcher-06-install.bat. Worked for me several times:)

#3 IAmCanadian

IAmCanadian

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 09:28 AM

gosh im so confused still biggrin.gif my mom will let me do it....but what I really need to know is:

1.) Can I just use a wire attatched to the metal shielding inside the xbox case to my computer case, OR can I just attatch a computer power thing (like the one in the back of ur computer hard drive) I got 1 hanging around...

2.) Must it be the Primary IDE cable, or can I just use the one thats currently hooked up to my pc hard drive, I remember switching the cables around one day biggrin.gif... I was thinking I just pull the ide cable from my harddrive when I pause the BIOS and just use that one with the xboxhdm in my cdrom drive..

3.) What is this about kernal and dash versions I read about? How do I get my version before I do this mod, I thought I read that you need a specific version or this mod will f--- up your drive...

thanks for your help if you answer biggrin.gif tongue.gif

uhh.gif

Edited by IAmCanadian, 02 February 2005 - 09:38 AM.

#4 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 02:21 PM

There are generic font files. I personally always use version specific just to be safe. But I have used generic fonts on a box or two and they came out fine.

You can get your kernal version by starting your xbox. scroll to settings. Then scroll down to system info. Let all the legal stuff scroll thru and in the middle it will give you your dash and kernal version.

#5 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 February 2005 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE(IAmCanadian)
1.) Can I just use a wire attatched to the metal shielding inside the xbox case to my computer case, OR can I just attatch a computer power thing (like the one in the back of ur computer hard drive) I got 1 hanging around...

Yes you can either run a ground wire between the xbox & pc, or you can use the PC's power connector (4 wire)

QUOTE(IAmCanadian)
2.) Must it be the Primary IDE cable, or can I just use the one thats currently hooked up to my pc hard drive, I remember switching the cables around one day biggrin.gif... I was thinking I just pull the ide cable from my harddrive when I pause the BIOS and just use that one with the xboxhdm in my cdrom drive..

For XboxHDM tools to operate properly without modifications, you need to use the Primary Master Spot, That is the last connector on IDE0 port. The cdrom should be on Primary Master IDE1 Port.

QUOTE(IAmCanadian)
3.) What is this about kernal and dash versions I read about? How do I get my version before I do this mod, I thought I read that you need a specific version or this mod will f--- up your drive...

Start your xbox, and go into settings, system info, and let it scroll, you will see a K: & D:, the K = kernal, and D = dash. UXE works on all xbox versions, so use that. It does take a little setting up, but read the documentation and you will be fine.

Please read all the tutorials before doing this. It can save you some headache down the line.

#6 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Feb 2 2005, 08:14 AM)
For XboxHDM tools to operate properly without modifications, you need to use the Primary Master Spot, That is the last connector on IDE0 port. The cdrom should be on Primary Master IDE1 Port.

View Post

wait i thouight the hdd has to be connected to the primary master, and cdrom on primary slave or secondary master.

secondly, does it matter if your ide cable itself says ide1 or ide2, does the actual ide cable have to be "ide0" ?

#7 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 February 2005 - 05:29 PM

The CDROM should be on Secondary Master.

IDE0 & IDE1 = IDE1 & IDE2

#8 phishfood1128

phishfood1128

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(DaddyJ @ Feb 2 2005, 10:35 AM)
The CDROM should be on Secondary Master.

IDE0 & IDE1 = IDE1 & IDE2

View Post

thats what i thought, just making sure
ty daddyj

#9 IAmCanadian

IAmCanadian

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,932 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 07:17 PM

sweet so I have it set up perfectly biggrin.gif

Im going to do the hotswap today, I'll let you all know how it goes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users