8 replies to this topic

#1 Saitoh321

Saitoh321

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 01:35 AM

i had my modded xbox runnign all of 20 minutes before i fuct it into the ground. I was playing with the menu.ini and was trying to figure out a way to have a power off option. well, now all my xbox does is reboot....
it gets to the initial xbox screen and then restarts

yes, i am that incompetent

the games will boot, so i'm lookin for a copy of evox that has a built in menu.ini that will override the one that is on the harddrive. The iso of evox i have has no menu.ini on it...

I tried hookin my hdd to my comp so that I could delete the menu.ini but this didn't work at all...

so I can only think of 2 solutions

1) A new xbox (just for the hdd)
2) A iso of evox atht will override the menu.ini

if anyone has ANY suggestions or thinks they can help at all...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME

#2 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2002 - 01:36 AM

if you open up the evox iso file and put the original menu.ini file on it, you can burn that to a disc and boot up your xbox that way, then connect from your computer and get rid of the fuct menu.ini file

#3 Saitoh321

Saitoh321

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 01:37 AM

How can I edit an iso?

(is this a dumb question?)

#4 Drew826

Drew826

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2002 - 01:41 AM

you need a special tool (xiso or xboxisotoolkit) to open the iso file so you can see the files inside. then you put the menu.ini file in the root directory with the default.xbe file, and then you can burn it or remake an iso (using the same program you used to extract it), and burn it that way.

#5 Saitoh321

Saitoh321

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 02:14 AM

it didn't work
it didn't override the old menu.ini
it is still rebooting over and over and over and over

GRRRRR

please help

#6 Def

Def

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 02:43 AM

uhm if you put the evox dashboard on a CDRW, it should boot from that and not what is on your harddrive. the xbox basically search for boot records on the DVD-ROM drive before it searches for it on the harddrive. so you SHOULD be able to boot to the dashboard with a CDRW that contains a working menu.ini and then FTP to the xbox giving you access to fix the harddrive.

#7 Saitoh321

Saitoh321

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 02:48 AM

well, can anyone think of anything else that would cause this problem?
I'm failrly positive the menu.ini is fuct but whe i made the new iso it didn't work

#8 Hammy

Hammy

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 0 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 20 August 2002 - 12:35 PM

Ok if you can boot off the original evoX iso then you can ftp to your pc and copy the menu,ini file to your pc then copy it to your xbox.

I use the menu.ini file that came on the Evox cd and deleted the the flash option as if you leave this in then some little dickhead kid will pick this option and stuff your xbox once and for all biggrin.gif

#9 Saitoh321

Saitoh321

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 August 2002 - 04:57 PM

What hapens when you flash the bios??? Im 99% sure I didn't select the option, but since nothign else is working I have to take it into consideration.

If I flashed the bios would it start at all? Cause it gets to the opening xbox screen even without the hdd connected and it'll give error messages so I'm assuming the bios is still intact. So, is it possible that the menu.ini isnot the problem and that I actually somehow flash the bios???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users