11 replies to this topic

#1 Zerografx

Zerografx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:47 PM

ok well heres my problem. I have done all of the instructions on http://dwl.xbox-scen.....p _proven.pdf

I get to setp three the hotswaping. I follow all the instructions and refresh the system devices. it finds it ok. but when i run the driver.exe file. the one that looks liek a big green X. it doesnot show the contects of my harddrive. it says it has found it but will not show the contents. I can make a backup and restore without error. but it will not let me see the contents. or add any contents. and btw i have also used fatxplorer. when i use that program it finds the hd aswell but when i click to show the contents. it closes the program. what am i doing wrong here. the ide i used was my dvd/dvdrw drives. i disconnected both so it can reach. so what do you all think my problem. feel free to e-mail me if you have any sugestions

#2 Angerwound

Angerwound

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,719 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 02 February 2005 - 06:50 PM

Try not to double post in the future and read the tutorials section. You should never have to let HDD Driver execute on your PC again.

#3 Zerografx

Zerografx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:16 AM

umm ihave been to the tuitorals. Sorry bout the double post. neyways. what do you mean i should never have to run hdd_driver on my pc again? i do not understand what you are trying to say. I got the instructions on what to do from you tuitorals. so what now?

#4 Zerografx

Zerografx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:40 AM

ok i went all over and i still cant seem to figure out what the probem is. I have my harddrive sucessfully unlocked and windows recognizes it (Win XP), but the problem is that i cannot see the files on the disk nor can i edit the files on teh disk. I have done away with HDD_Driver. so you cant say its cause of that. i am still at a loss:(

#5 Zerografx

Zerografx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:53 AM

btw i was reading all about xbhdm and one huge problem. I HAVE NO FLOPPY. lol i got rid of it along time ago. There has to be a way to view the contents of my xbox hard drive in windows. some program or something. I mean i can unlock it without a problem. i just need to find a way to edit ti contents of the HD. Sugestions are welcome. and constructive critizim is also welcome

#6 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:22 AM

Why the hell would you get rid of your floppy drive. That was stupid.

#7 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:16 AM

Anybody who can get an xboxhdm cd in a floppy drive should definately write a tutorial about that..smile.gif

#8 The_Truth

The_Truth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:58 AM

rolleyes.gif no comment
(I'm not gonna touch that joke)

Edited by The_Truth, 03 February 2005 - 03:58 AM.

#9 Zerografx

Zerografx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:04 AM

not not puting the xbhdm on a flopy it says that you need a flopy to copy the hd key to.
and one more problem i did dl the xbhdm iso and went through lots and lots of tuitorials and lots of fourms but i still run into one little problem. heres what i do

1. turn on pc.
2. pause at bios boot screen before it tried to find drives
3. boot up xbox.
4. unplug harddrive right after the M$ logo comes up under the big X
5. plug in the xbx hard drive into where my main harddrives used to be pluged in (I unplug my computer harddrives so i dont mess any of them up)
6. press space to resume the bootup
heres where a couple of problems happn
A. says that primary master has no 08 cable ??????
7 let it run the xbhdm
8 press number 1 in xbhdm and let it load
heres where i get more errors.
a. it begins to run a process i am unfamiluar with, I assume it is trying to scan teh harddrive. but it says invalad size and error this error that.
AHHHHHHH THIS IS SOO FUSTRATING.

anyways before i tried all of that and that i went into windows and the the hotswap trick in winxp and i used HDD_Driver and i made a iso image of my harddrive
Worked great. took some time but worked like a charm. Well heres where a different problem came into play. i cannot use anyprogram to view the .iso file but FATX Eplorer. and in that program i cannot add any files or take out any files, or editi it in any way really. i can only dump files to my pc. all the other programs i have used to try to view the iso image seem to crash as soon as I load the image. such as HDD_Driver, FATXPLORER, Xplorer. and just about every other program i have come across. Can someone please contact me some way somehow and kick this retardation outa my head, It is boggling my head and giving me headache. I will NEVER ask for any type of software or any file of anysort. I have pretty much downloaded everying think i could need already. just someone please help me out.

#10 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:34 AM

use xboxhdm.. Your backup might come in handy, but a floppy really isn't needed.. If you want to be super keen you can always cat hddinfo.txt and write down your info.. Aside from that you can always re-hotswap.. In general just make sure you keep a copy of 'your' eeprom.bin safe, after you finish modding..

#11 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:56 AM

Needed:

-xboxhdm 1.9 cd (1.9 needed to properly lock v1.6 xbox hdds)
-5.25" floppy drive
-Long heavy knife (Or long narrow metal piece)

Safety: When using a knife, always cut away from your body.

Procedure:
-Hold floppy drive firmly and insert knife into receptacle.
-With adequate force/speed, slide knife along length of receptable (edge to edge sharply) to clear the inside for cd.
-Twist knife along length of receptacle to widen mouth.
-Remove knife, hold upside down and shake out whatever you can.

You should now be able to get it your xboxhdm cd into a floppy drive. This method worked for me, but I hold no personal responsibility if something goes wrong..

Ops - Please pin this..smile.gif

#12 DaddyJ

DaddyJ

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,919 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE(triggernum5 @ Feb 2 2005, 11:02 PM)
Needed:

-xboxhdm 1.9 cd  (1.9 needed to properly lock v1.6 xbox hdds)
-5.25" floppy drive
-Long heavy knife (Or long narrow metal piece)

Safety: When using a knife, always cut away from your body.

Procedure:
-Hold floppy drive firmly and insert knife into receptacle.
-With adequate force/speed, slide knife along length of receptable (edge to edge sharply) to clear the inside for cd.
-Twist knife along length of receptacle to widen mouth.
-Remove knife, hold upside down and shake out whatever you can.

You should now be able to get it your xboxhdm cd into a floppy drive.  This method worked for me, but I hold no personal responsibility if something goes wrong..

Ops - Please pin this..smile.gif

View Post

I have been searching for this method, I had heard of this before..... Damn, great job man..

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users