• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andyr32

andyr32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 11:37 PM

As the title states, I have a FRAG problem but I think it is due to a burnt trace on the LPC port. I am in the process of fixing it but I have one other problem that is bothering me. The X light stays red (when it should be blue) from a quick press of the power button. Does this mean D0 is not connected properly? I have checked D0 over and over many times and it seems to be connected properly and I have checked for solder splashes with a magnifying glass. I would hate to go through fixing my burnt trace and still not have the xbox work.

If it helps, the xbox boots the M$ bios perfectly if I hold the power button down. Also, the X light does not turn Gray when I press both button simultaneously to boot the backup bios. Finally, both blue LEDs on the chip itself illuminate blue.

Thanks,

Andy

Edited by andyr32, 02 February 2005 - 11:39 PM.

#2 jonrees69

jonrees69

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Interests:Crystal Xbox/Blue LED crystal ring/V1.0/X3/250gb/EvoX/dvd2xbox/xbmc<br />Chip Fitter-www.purepc.co.uk<br />
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:23 PM

Everything would point to the d0, Andy. It's quite difficult to locate properly and solder likewise without pulling the pad off or damaging the trace.

Triple check the position and security of the wire. Check the little plug where it goes into the X3 even.

You're nearly there.

Good luck.

J

#3 andyr32

andyr32

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:29 PM

Thanks, I am going to give it a whirl this weekend.

#4 msklazyace

msklazyace

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Interests:Xboxes (modded of course!!)<br />Music (loud!)<br />Movies (funny)<br />Girls (HOT)<br />Cars (FAST)<br />Other crap.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:04 PM

Could you post a pic of the LPC trace you are refering to? I think it may help me.

Thanks,

msklazyace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users