7 replies to this topic

#1 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:43 AM

Not sure if I am in right forum section but figured you guys would know the answer.

I just aquired a v1.6 xbox. It has error 21 problem with dash. SO unthinking I try to reinstall dash 4920 to it. Still get an error 21. Does not take long to figure out I might need the newer dashboard. SO I downloaded FIRE F. installer. IT has the dash there, but I am unsure of which folder has all the necessary files. Looks like I may need to take files from multiple folders.

Any help on which folders would be great. I am going to be making a xboxhdm and replacing files that way, so I need to know contents of the c that should go there. Thanks for any help you can give

#2 XboxBuNnY

XboxBuNnY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 February 2005 - 12:47 AM

Do you have a modchip? Just use slayers. Im kinda new so dont flame me. Lol, also you might not want to use my advice, but it is what I would do lol.

#3 mr. modster

mr. modster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 02:06 AM

install a softmod with xboxhdm and use slayers

#4 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:17 AM

That is basically what I was going to do, but I rebuilt the drive with th 4920 dash prior to doing the softmod. Well I just tried to see if this would fix the error 21, but I believe, not certain, but v1.6 boxes need the 5659 which is found in the fire fuckers auto installer. But I am not sure it is nicely split up like the slayers disk. Slayers disc seems to have a distinct c folder, where as the ff auto installer has a c but also seems like other folders are needed. I have no mod chip just trying to restore a MS dash board on the v1.6 box. DOes anyone here have a box with the 5659 dash. Maybe you could tell me the contents of the c drive, so I could then find those files. Thanks for any help you can offer

#5 anjilslaire

anjilslaire

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:duh...I'm here, aren't I?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:04 AM

Can you boot games? Put a newer game in with the network canble attached & click LIVE. It'll update the dash.

#6 alaska2k3

alaska2k3

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

I had the same problem as you! biggrin.gif
I had a 1.6 with the Xbox dash giving me an error # 21. So I use XboxHDM, in the Linux folder, I extracted the C folder from the Slayers .iso *Slayers 2.5* and put everything in there to match what it originally should be on a stock hard drive. After that, I plugged off the IDE cable going to the DVD-ROM drive, causing it to boot the error 12 * think that's the number* rather than error 21. After the light went FRAG, I plugged the primary cable into the Xbox's hard drive, booted the XboxHDM to the default menu and typed in : xbrowser. I transfered all the C: files to the C partition of the stock Xbox Hard drive and it worked. No more error 21......
BUT, since the dash on Slayers is 4920 *or 4-something*, when you boot the Xbox, you get an error #13, which means you have to update your Xbox dashboard -=via=- an Xbox Live game. POST EDIT:FIRST GET AN XBOX LIVE GAME AND PUT IT IN THE XBOX *THE ERROR 13 WILL COME ON*, SHUT THE POWER, THAN BOOT IT.The Xbox game should load, go to the Xbox Live part of the game and load the game to the part were it takes you to the Xbox Live. It would say something along the lines of couldn't find a gamertag on the xbox dash....etc , choose yes to create a gamertag, then when it finishes updating, press (cool.gif to exit, then take the game out. Your Xbox dash should load. For this I used Ninja Gaiden, which worked, and ESPN NFL 2k5, which also worked.

Hope this helps you out, I was in the same situation. biggrin.gif beerchug.gif dry.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
-=alaska2k4=-

Edited by alaska2k3, 03 February 2005 - 08:41 AM.

#7 animatt

animatt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 88 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 03:34 PM

yeah thanks I forgot this might work. I am going see if I can make a xboxhdm from the contents of the firefuckers auto installer. there are Only a certain amount of files, should only take a few cd-r disks at most.

I do not know where a video game rental store is. I live in a small area that just got digitial cable about 8 months ago. SO the only rental store I visited and knew about closed because of video on demand.

if this does not work I will go hunt down a rental location.
I will let people know if I got it working. and how i did it with the ff installer.

#8 Apharmd Battler

Apharmd Battler

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 10:42 PM

Didn't think about that solution. Using the XBL update to do the work for you. Man, I love this forum! I'm really a newbieto the modscene, but I understand what's going on. I love the info I learn here while gofing off at work. wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users