#1 dmoney101

dmoney101

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2005 - 01:20 AM

how do you rund cd-r(w) on mxm. i just softmodded my xbox but when i put a burnt cd it says no cd inserted. same goes for evox. i thaught softmodding would let you play burnt cds. do you have to mod with a chip because this was one of my main reasons for doing this. oh and by the way, is you hdd password (shown in menu to install) the same as your hdd key?

#2 DaFonz

DaFonz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE(dmoney101 @ Feb 3 2005, 12:26 AM)
how do you rund cd-r(w) on mxm. i just softmodded my xbox but when i put a burnt cd it says no cd inserted. same goes for evox. i thaught softmodding would let you play burnt cds. do you have to mod with a chip because this was one of my main reasons for doing this. oh and by the way, is you hdd password (shown in menu to install) the same as your hdd key?

View Post

Your xbox can, but your dvd drive can not, read any recordable dvd disc.
There are different brands (3 main ones, samsung, philips, thompson) of dvd players and different models. Try Fuji or Platinum DVD-R (minus). If it doesn't work, you can try 'tweaking' the pot meter of your dvd drive. I would not recommend this as a bit carelessness can render your dvd drive useless.

Not sure, but I do think hdd password and hdd key is the same thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users