X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Interests:yo mamma
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 03 February 2005 - 04:04 AM

Hey all, small problem here......
I've got an X2 chip, 2.3b pro to be exact. I've done some research, and all posts I've found regarding this subject have been regarding the X2 Lite series.....

Anyway, the problem that I have is that I keep getting "flash not writeable" message. My chip has been fine up to present day....but now I can't seem to flash it (using evox). Now I don't have the printer cable to flash it externally, however I don't think that it would make much of a difference if the chip itself is somehow write protected. Now I read that with the Lite series, there's a jumper that can impinge upon the chip ability to be flashed. I don't see that on my chip, and I can't seem to get it to respond. I have a bad flash on bank 4 ( the primary reason I want to get that printer cable), and had another semi-bad flash on 3. Well now, when I switch to bank 3, It sends me straight to cromwell, which was on that bank previously. Now despite the two bad flashes, up until now, I've been able to flash banks one and two easily, but now it wont let me do anything. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks in advance..... beerchug.gif

#2 pHrEaQuAzOiD

pHrEaQuAzOiD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:19 AM

Any thoughts at all? I've made sure that all dip switches were correct as well, so I'm stumped. Any thought are welcome.

#3 cueman

cueman

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:19 AM

How did you make your bios file? Which bios did you use? How were your switches set? On the 2.3b pro, there is a flash protection switch.

#4 pHrEaQuAzOiD

pHrEaQuAzOiD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:28 AM

you are very correct, and if i remember correctly, it's dipswitch #4, unless its like i've heard about the lite ...its on the chip itself.......Either way, i do what ive always done. if i make a 256k bios then i set the dips to the corresponding bank(1,2,3,4)...if i make a 512 bios file then i use 1&2 or 3&4....in this particular case i was using a 256k standard x2 4981.67 bios,just for testing. nothing special. usually i use xbt & flubber edit, logox, ect. to modify them but as of now im just using an un--(other than what done by xecuter)-hacked bios. either way, i looked at the chip, didn't see a switch.....im just wondering if my external switch is bad, ive sanded the top of it a little......

#5 pHrEaQuAzOiD

pHrEaQuAzOiD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:37 AM

sleeping.gif any other takers on this one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users