• Pip
  • 111 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:40 AM

ive tried a 75w inverter... clearly didnt work
then i tried a 300w inverter....
didnt work either!
is there a xbox sigarette lighter addapter? so i dont need to even bother with an inverter

#2 blueinfinity

blueinfinity

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:43 AM

lmao a cig lighter adaptor would be the same as your invertors.. i used a 200 watt it worked fine.. u must be doing something wrong if u cant get it working. inverter should work perfect..

test the inverter with a lamp to make sure it works biggrin.gif

#3 SGT DUDE

SGT DUDE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Woodworking, Movies
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:46 AM

I had the best luck with my 300 Watt, some times thought the Xbox would not turn on.

#4 light-blade

light-blade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE(blueinfinity @ Feb 3 2005, 04:49 AM)
lmao a cig lighter adaptor would be the same as your invertors.. i used a 200 watt it worked fine.. u must be doing something wrong if u cant get it working. inverter should work perfect..

test the inverter with a lamp to make sure it works biggrin.gif

View Post

i know the inverter works, because it starts the flubber for less than a second... then shuts off
maybe it's just old?
or would it be 150 per channel with 2 plugs? even though only 1 plug is used?
cuz i can see it screwing up at 150

*edit* and i know a lighter adaptor is the same as an inverter, i was simply asking if one was made for the xbox.... somthing designed for it... rather then buying jensen or somthing else

Edited by light-blade, 03 February 2005 - 05:53 AM.

#5 MTB

MTB

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:05 AM

weve done this.. radio shack has a thing plugs into ciggerete outlet and out = 2 US wall plugs. we used XB and tv:D worked perfect.

#6 light-blade

light-blade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:07 AM

QUOTE(MTB @ Feb 3 2005, 05:11 AM)
weve done this.. radio shack has a thing plugs into ciggerete outlet and out = 2 US wall plugs. we used XB and tv:D worked perfect.

View Post

that's called a power inverter smile.gif

#7 pSyCo

pSyCo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:19 AM

Wouldn't it be possible to replace the power supply with a 12v and wire it to the battery?

#8 warriorcookie

warriorcookie

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:33 AM

there are 12v computer psu's. If you could take apart one and get it into the case, it would probably work hunky dory. There was a website I saw that sold them. Maximum Linux had a link to them when they did there mp3 computer in a car thing.

#9 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:23 AM

I was also wondering if there were power supplies around that run off 12v, cos then you could just plug it straight into the cigarette lighter without an inverter, but i don't think there are for xbox, you'd have to get a pc one and i reckon it'd need some tweaking b4 it'd work on the box.

Some1 has made one i think, no idea who but they should either write a tut, or make them and sell them, cos it'd be popular, i'd get one!

*edit* a quick search for "xbox 12v car" brought up these, but i think they're just cheaper invertors, one has an output for a joytech 6" screen which i think is a good idea. here are the links

http://www.whitedog....products_id=614

http://www.darkplane...nfo.asp?pid=618

Edited by flashfreak, 03 February 2005 - 07:27 AM.

#10 dlj8115

dlj8115

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 07:58 AM

i got a big ass 1000 watt converter from costco. I think it may even be more than 1000. As big as a laptop and i had to take it to circuit city to be installed and hard wired to the car battery. I power a mini tv and xbox off their and works fine. Last time i tried to run the xbox off a 400 watt converter in my truck i blew a fuse.

#11 light-blade

light-blade

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:17 AM

how come the xbox mainboard and a cpu mainboard both have so many wires from the power source
how come it's not just a power and a ground?
would make life easier

#12 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:27 AM

its because it needs more than just power and ground, idiot. from what i know, there are 3 5v lines, 2 3.3, probably a 7 or suttin for the fan, maybe a 12 and standby ones etc etc. It can't just run everything from 5v

#13 rob_hellfire

rob_hellfire

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, MTBing, Sailing, Windsurfing, Swimming, Walking, And would you believe i'm still fat !!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

i think there's only 3.3, 5 and 12v, 7v for fan comes from 12v(red) to 5v(black) hence why 12v mod works by connecting black wire to ground. I only know what some of the wires do but there must be signals for reset and power up/down.

Maybe they have more than 1 ground to reduce interference?

#14 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:10 PM

First off, your alternator/battery/inverter setup does not provide clean, consistent power to run sensitive electrical equipment. You would benefit from adding an uninterruptible power supply (UPS, or battery backup). Your experience will be enhanced, and you won't have to deal with wavy lines on your tv, and power spikes and drops caused by your alternator kicking on/off will go unnoticed.

#15 illum

illum

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:50 AM

it should have worked with a 300w inverter considering the xzbox uses 96w
with the 300w inverter, u didnt power that from the cig lighter did you? because you need to hard wire inverters of that capacity directly to the battery
and make sure it is ground properly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users