#1 XboxBuNnY

XboxBuNnY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:21 AM

Is there a way to install a new hard drive in a softmodded xbox, without opening my computer or getting a modchip?

#2 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:28 AM

There are ways: Seup the large hdd in another chipped xbox ie format it and copy everything from your softmodded xbox to it, then load YOUR EEPROM in configmagic on the chipped box, use that to lock the HDD to your eeprom, take the drive out and put it in yours, it should be the same as your stock drive, but bigger smile.gif

Edited by modbox_, 03 February 2005 - 06:30 AM.

#3 XboxBuNnY

XboxBuNnY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:30 AM

I meant without putting in a modded xbox, installing a modchip, opening my computer, ect.

#4 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Interests:Xbox modding, from softmods to tsop flashes. I also enjoy reading.<br /><br />Now modding 360's!!

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:36 AM

Well, i dont think there is any way of setting the hard drive up from scratch without another chipped xbox, or pc. Its easier to just flash your TSOP, then setup the large HDD, lock the drive, flash your original bios back to the TSOP then you have a large HDD locked in your xbox that you can softmod again, and the expense in minimal.

#5 XboxBuNnY

XboxBuNnY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:37 AM

Can you get on live if you have retail bios on tsop?

#6 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:42 AM

Yes, and if you softmod it and have the option to revert the Xbox back to stock then you can use live, but be careful, if you have aldready registered with Live and then you use the large HDD they will detect a different drive and ban you.

You could just swap your hard drives over again. A normal stock HDD, and a softmodded large drive.

#7 XboxBuNnY

XboxBuNnY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:45 AM

Oh..yeah!! Lol. I wasnt thinking, but the reason I didnt want install a modchip, was because I didnt want to open my xbox, and mod or doing to the motherboard because the last time I did I messed it up... . Dont I have to open my Xbox and solder things to flash my TSOP?

#8 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:47 AM

You dont have to solder, use conductive paint, if you mess it up, just clean it off, try again, how were you going to use a large HDD without opening your xbox?? smile.gif

#9 XboxBuNnY

XboxBuNnY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:52 AM

I knew that but I dont have to touch the motherboard to install the harddrive. Theres no software solution to flash the TSOP?? If not Damn.....Dunno if I should post this here or in the B/S/T forum but can you sell me a formatted hard drive? I just it to be a stock ms larger drive around 80 GB - 120 GB. Ill install the softmod.....Im trying to find a hard drive cheap but no one will sell for around $40 Thats all I have.

#10 modbox_

modbox_

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 06:56 AM

I would like to help but 1) I dont have a spare HDD and 2) I live in the UK, a good few thousand miles away.

That is a good option for you though, send a drive to someone and your eeprom, ask them to set it up and lock it for you, Then you just pop it in your xbox, no messin with the mobo.

#11 Decyph

Decyph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:19 PM

The fucked up thing is....

If you put your new harddrive in modded xbox and load eeprom with config magic...
And if you update eeprom and lock it....

That the macadress, serial number and online key are the same on both xboxes so make sure you have a eeprom backup from the drive in your modded xbox...

Atleast that was what i had...

The serial from my new 1.6 xbox was now also the serial for my old one and the same with the mac adress and thats fucked up (if you wanna game onlin thru xbc on 1 lan...)

PEace D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users