Xecuter 2.6 Bios Tutorial
Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:43 AM
Since the auto-installer is bigger them 100mg I guess I wont have to burn the bios + the dummy file!!!!! ????
1 magical disk or possible or not ???????
Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:43 PM
"xbins will no longer host evolution-x files.
To anyone who reads this, you can personally thank jokko from team evolution-x for this situation.
Have a absolutly FABULOUS day!"
Anyone have any ideas where I can find the m8_16 bios?
Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:05 PM
Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:58 PM
Couple of questions:
1) It shouldn't matter where the bank selector chip is when you are flashing, correct? Being that this is an X2.6 CE, it always flashes starting with Bank 1. The selector switch just chooses the booting BIOS when you are firing the system up?
2) How long does it take to POST a 1 MB bios file via the HTTP interface? I waited 5 minutes, and nothing happened!
3) This is a fresh mod-chip install, so I guess it's possible I need to double check the solder points, but wouldn't I know if it was broken immediately? It boots fine with the mod-chip off, and boots to FLASHBIOS with the modchip on...all switches on the chip appear to perform their function, so I feel like I have a good install here.
4) Is it possible the M8 bios I downloaded is a "broken" version? X2 Bios Manager 2.3 showed the bios as "UNKNOWN" when I loaded it into a 256K bank...so the MD5 hash isn't checking out even though X2 Bios 2.3 says it supports the M8 bios!
5) Oh yeah, it's a version 1.6 XBOX!
Thanks for any help, a lot of this is just me "thinking outloud". I'm not at home to experiment right now!
Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:54 AM
Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:31 AM
Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:11 PM
Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:44 PM
So, I'd like to know if I can use M8plus_16 for a version 1.6 box, or if not, if anyone has any other ideas for where to get M8_16. Thanks in advance.
Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:24 AM
hell, in a couple days it won't matter cuz team xecuter should have their new x2 bios out which will work for 1.6 and 1.6b boxes.... SUPPOSSEDLY
Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:39 AM
newly learned tip:
gotta use IE to do the web flash install and not FIREFOX
took me 30mins tonite to figure that one out.
Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:11 AM
I have a v1.6 xbox, and an executor 2.6CE without the programmer. It came with Flashbios 3.0.1 on bank1 and Flashbios on bank2. I booted up with Bank1 to FlashBIOS 3.0.1 because v1.6 xboxes don't work with 3.0.3. When I tried flashing with a Ritek DVD-R G04 with Xecuter "x2_5028_v16plus_512k.bin", the status bar did nothing, and I got a message that said "erase failed." So I tried to reboot the xbox to start again, but now BANK1 just does red/green flashing after 2 quick reboots. Bank2 works with 3.0.3, but that version doesn't work with my v1.6 xbox.
Also, if I want to flash over BANK1, do I flip the switch to BANK1 just before I flash, or do I have to boot the Xbox with BANK1 in order to flash BANK1? What I'm asking is can I switch the banks after the XBox has booted? Or do I have to flash whatever bank I booted from?
Furthermore, how can I get Flashbios 3.0.1 back onto BANK1 if I can't use flashbios 3.0.1 (on BANK2, the only one working) to reflash it?
Edited by nadcraker, 03 May 2005 - 06:14 AM.
Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:51 AM
Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:26 PM
Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:38 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users