• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#46 Smokeys

Smokeys

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 10:43 AM

Can I burn multiple bios.bin files on the same cd or dvd and can I burn them on a auto-installation cd like slayer-autoinstaller for instance. This way I could flash the bios for different modchips and then install all the apps and dashbords with the same cd or dvd ????

Since the auto-installer is bigger them 100mg I guess I wont have to burn the bios + the dummy file!!!!! ???? blink.gif huh.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

1 magical disk or possible or not ???????

#47 vnr111

vnr111

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

Hey, I read this post and I'm looking for the evox m8_16 bios for my 1.6 xbox w/ xecuter 2.6ce. I went to the usual sources and got this:

"xbins will no longer host evolution-x files.

To anyone who reads this, you can personally thank jokko from team evolution-x for this situation.

Have a absolutly FABULOUS day!"

Anyone have any ideas where I can find the m8_16 bios?

#48 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 March 2005 - 11:05 PM

try their channel on irc.. it's on efnet, and it's either #evolutionx or #evox (i think.. don't yell at me if it's not though)

#49 zoomer777

zoomer777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 04:58 PM

I got an M8 BIOS off of #xboxemu on irc.zionet, so I'm not sure if it's some unofficial, and broken version of the evox bios, BUT, I can't get my chip to program via HTTP. It seems like it can take an awful long time for the web page to post the BIN update to the Xbox, don't know if it should take this long (several minutes sometimes, sometimes it does right away). I can flash, say a 256K bios file correctly, but this results in an Xbox that won't start right (it will restart itself over and over and finally boot with the circle flashing mult colors). I can reflash back to FlashBios.bin, but can't get the chip to take the 1MB bios.bin file.

Couple of questions:

1) It shouldn't matter where the bank selector chip is when you are flashing, correct? Being that this is an X2.6 CE, it always flashes starting with Bank 1. The selector switch just chooses the booting BIOS when you are firing the system up?

2) How long does it take to POST a 1 MB bios file via the HTTP interface? I waited 5 minutes, and nothing happened!

3) This is a fresh mod-chip install, so I guess it's possible I need to double check the solder points, but wouldn't I know if it was broken immediately? It boots fine with the mod-chip off, and boots to FLASHBIOS with the modchip on...all switches on the chip appear to perform their function, so I feel like I have a good install here.

4) Is it possible the M8 bios I downloaded is a "broken" version? X2 Bios Manager 2.3 showed the bios as "UNKNOWN" when I loaded it into a 256K bank...so the MD5 hash isn't checking out even though X2 Bios 2.3 says it supports the M8 bios!

5) Oh yeah, it's a version 1.6 XBOX!

Thanks for any help, a lot of this is just me "thinking outloud". I'm not at home to experiment right now!

#50 zoomer777

zoomer777

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:54 AM

I think I had a "broken" version of the M8 bios. I downloaded a version from #evolutionx on IRC, and this one flashed perfectly! Guess you got be careful with that BIOS, and get it from the right sources!

#51 Snaku

Snaku

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:31 AM

Ok, so I followed this guide, d/l'd the aps and got my bin file all set up. Then I'm supposed to use internet explorer to connect to the xbox using the ip address it gives me. It keeps giving me the "This page cannot be displayed" page. I'm using a crossover cable to connect the pc directly to the xbox. So is there some IE setting I need to fix or some network thing? Everthing I've tried hasn't worked, and I couldn't find anything in any other posts. I'd really rather avoid the disc method since I just used my last cd-rw to make a slayer's disk and I don't really wanna' wait 'til payday (I have absolutely no money after buying a psp).

#52 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:11 PM

best thing i could suggest would be to take a look in team xecuter's forums.. you're going off their 'flash by http' tut right?

#53 toffytof

toffytof

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2005 - 10:44 PM

Are you sure that evox M8plus_16 won't work on a version 1.6 box. I'm a noob, so I'll believe whatever you say. The problem is I haven't been able to find a M8_16 bios anywhere (since evox stuff isn't in the usual places anymore). I did find M8plus_16 from #evolutionx on EFnet, for anyone who is looking.

So, I'd like to know if I can use M8plus_16 for a version 1.6 box, or if not, if anyone has any other ideas for where to get M8_16. Thanks in advance.

#54 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 01:24 AM

you are more than welcome to try it, like i said "i've had a lot of people say that running a + bios on a 1.6 gives somewhat buggy results" ... but there's also been a few people that have posted as to having no problems whatsoever. just try it.. if it works, cool.. if it's buggy, deal with it till you can find a different bios

hell, in a couple days it won't matter cuz team xecuter should have their new x2 bios out which will work for 1.6 and 1.6b boxes.... SUPPOSSEDLY

#55 stonebebop

stonebebop

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 07:39 AM

this may have already been discussed but i'm too lazy to look...

newly learned tip:
gotta use IE to do the web flash install and not FIREFOX

took me 30mins tonite to figure that one out.

#56 starscream1101

starscream1101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 May 2005 - 12:23 PM

I use firefox to webflash.

#57 nadcraker

nadcraker

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 06:11 AM

Here is my situation.

I have a v1.6 xbox, and an executor 2.6CE without the programmer. It came with Flashbios 3.0.1 on bank1 and Flashbios on bank2. I booted up with Bank1 to FlashBIOS 3.0.1 because v1.6 xboxes don't work with 3.0.3. When I tried flashing with a Ritek DVD-R G04 with Xecuter "x2_5028_v16plus_512k.bin", the status bar did nothing, and I got a message that said "erase failed." So I tried to reboot the xbox to start again, but now BANK1 just does red/green flashing after 2 quick reboots. Bank2 works with 3.0.3, but that version doesn't work with my v1.6 xbox.

Also, if I want to flash over BANK1, do I flip the switch to BANK1 just before I flash, or do I have to boot the Xbox with BANK1 in order to flash BANK1? What I'm asking is can I switch the banks after the XBox has booted? Or do I have to flash whatever bank I booted from?

Furthermore, how can I get Flashbios 3.0.1 back onto BANK1 if I can't use flashbios 3.0.1 (on BANK2, the only one working) to reflash it?

Edited by nadcraker, 03 May 2005 - 06:14 AM.

#58 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 06 May 2005 - 05:51 AM

you should have built a 1mb file as the tut told you.. but too late for that now. now you're stuck with doing a hotswap or getting ahold of a programmer.

#59 randyjr

randyjr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:26 PM

Okay i have v1.0 excuter2.6ce I have the programmer. I have tried to load several different bios. with no luck. what happens is the usual xbox start up but it either stalls or i get error 16. one of the bios i loaded i managed to get the "orange" xbox logo but still got error 16. tried to use the evtool but everytime i try to open one of the bios i get a "kernel error" the chip lights up blue and seems to be correctly install. i have the soldered pin header. and the green, gray and red wires are hooked up according to the guide. I do however notice that i have 3 sets of "red wire options" of which the guide says nothing. i beleive one of these to be the 1.6 power option. not sure about the other "red 2wire sets". please help me! you can email me at randyjr@accessnet.com

#60 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:38 AM

error 16 is a different problem altogether.. go read the stickies in the general hardware forum for info on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users