• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#61 randyjr

randyjr

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 01:22 PM

awesome as always look forward to the support of forums. i know what error 16 means. anyways. i finally seem to have it flashed with a decent bios. it shows xecuter2 under my xbox logo but thats about the extent of it. it seems to time out after that. any HELP would be greatly appreciated (even if its pointing to a specific thread i may have missed, until then i will keep searching)

#62 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2005 - 09:01 PM

what boot order does your bios have, and do you have a .xbe on c: to match?

#63 batchie

batchie

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

Hi i followed the tutorial (great by the way) and produced 3 disc's(cd-rw,dvd-r,cd-r)
just in case,my question is i've just brought my box manufactured date is last month so i'm sure it a be version 1.6b,the 2,6 ce chip i've just brought already comes with the cromwell bios,so would i
A still need to flash
B if so do i stick the disc in and flash over the cromwell bios

all i really want to do is back up my games to dvd-r via ipswitch ws_ftp and play said discs,all my online stuff is done via pc gaming etc so xbox live is not an issue,
i have slayers 2.6 auto installer on disc,but do i need it uhh.gif
any help would be appreciated thanks smile.gif

#64 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

cromwell definately needs to be swapped out if you plan on doing anything with your box.. pretty simple procedure though. turn xbox on, wait for flashbios screen to load. as soon as it's up, make sure flash protect is off.. then select 'flash from disc', follow instructions and you're done.

slayer's is nice, cuz it will preload various apps for you.. definately makes life easier for a first-timer.

#65 Trazor

Trazor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

Where can i find the 1.0.8 version of EVtool? I have googled and cant find it, and 1.0.9 isnt working for me (ive got v.6)

#66 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:09 AM

xbins...

pc/bios tools/EVtool/_old

everything you need is there. wink.gif

#67 obexperience

obexperience

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

Hey guys, I am honestly in desperate need of assistance, I recently put a 120 gig harddrive and a Xecuter 2.6 in my xbox which is version 1.6, I am using the webflash function and using the M8 flash, I have recently tried to use the M8 plus flash, editing it with Evtool, it will flash, my Xbox logo will change to my specific color, but it will continue to boot to the default.xbe dashboard, i cannot get my xbox to boot to another dash on either bank, it will boot to Flash 3.0.3, but when I switch to bank 2, it will continue to boot to the default dashboard, i cannot seem to fix this problem, ANY advice would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you

#68 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:03 AM

open the bios up in evtool and check your boot order.. does it match up with your files?

#69 obexperience

obexperience

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 09:16 AM

I'm not sure what order my files are in, i havent been able to ftp to my harddrive because i haven't been able to boot evoX, is there any other way i can tell where my files are booting or place them in a certain folder?

#70 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 06:19 PM

well if you can't see the files, you're going to have to do some trial-and-error stuff. you need to open up the bios in evtool and change the .xbe boot order around.

try setting it up as follows..

user posted image

and if that doesn't work, try changing around the order the .xbe files are in.. if that doesn't work, let me know

#71 Trazor

Trazor

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:44 PM

Well, ive done everything right (i hope and think) but the disc wont boot the new BIOS. Ive tried with DVD+r, CD-r and DVD+RW. I put it in the box, and start, but nothing happens exept the usual boot to Avalaunch. What am I doing wrong?

#72 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:16 PM

you can't just pop the disc in at any time.. you have to be running flashbios first.

if your xbox is already modded and you just want to update the bios, look into a program called flashx.. found in the usual places.

#73 fred109

fred109

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

Great tutorial! Going to use it today...but
I have a question on the order of which I do things...

I have Xecuter 2.6CE and a 250gb Hard drive that just came in.

Do I leave my stock xbox hdd and flash my Evox M8 bios, or put in the new 250gb and flash with LBA48 support? I'm thinking I leave the stock Xbox hdd in, flash, and then afterwards put in my 250gb, make an EVOX boot cd, FTP, and format the hard drive from there?

Does the EVOX M8 bios already have LBA48 support in it?

Also, I'm thinking of doing the HTTP method, but if the network cable slips out...is the Xbox a goner?

Thank you very much for your time. smile.gif

#74 wellalbedamned

wellalbedamned

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:32 AM

IS THE M8PLUS 256 BIN FILE THE EVOX DASHBOARD THAT I CAN FLASH TO MY XECUTER CHIP

ALSO, I HAVE A V1.4 XBOX W/ XECUTER2.6CE...I HTTP FLASHED
Metoo-M8plus_16-06 TO ONE OF THE TWO BANKS AND NOW IT DOES THAT ORANGE/GREEN FLASHING AND NOTHING BOOTS ON THE BANK. THE OTHER BANK BOOTS FLAWLESSLY WITH THE FLASHBIOS V3.0.3 AND I WANT TO GET THE EVOX DASHBOARD. DO I NEED TO INSTALL IT TO THE BANK THAT STILL BOOTS OR DID I HAVE TO DO IT ONE THE OTHER BANK AND CAN I GET IT TO BOOT AGAIN?

#75 ubernewb

ubernewb

now 58% uber'er

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE(fred109 @ Jun 17 2005, 07:24 PM)
Great tutorial! Going to use it today...but
I have a question on the order of which I do things...

I have Xecuter 2.6CE and a 250gb Hard drive that just came in.

Do I leave my stock xbox hdd and flash my Evox M8 bios, or put in the new 250gb and flash with LBA48 support? I'm thinking I leave the stock Xbox hdd in, flash, and then afterwards put in my 250gb, make an EVOX boot cd, FTP, and format the hard drive from there?

Does the EVOX M8 bios already have LBA48 support in it? 

Also, I'm thinking of doing the HTTP method, but if the network cable slips out...is the Xbox a goner?

Thank you very much for your time.  smile.gif

View Post

i've flashed with a new hdd before.. just use slayers to format and prep the new hdd.
and your network cable has a clip on it to prevent it from "just slipping out"

QUOTE(wellalbedamned @ Jun 20 2005, 06:43 AM)
IS THE M8PLUS 256 BIN FILE THE EVOX DASHBOARD THAT I CAN FLASH TO MY XECUTER CHIP

ALSO, I HAVE A V1.4 XBOX W/ XECUTER2.6CE...I HTTP FLASHED
Metoo-M8plus_16-06 TO ONE OF THE TWO BANKS AND NOW IT DOES THAT ORANGE/GREEN FLASHING AND NOTHING BOOTS ON THE BANK.  THE OTHER BANK BOOTS FLAWLESSLY WITH THE FLASHBIOS V3.0.3 AND I WANT TO GET THE EVOX DASHBOARD.  DO I NEED TO INSTALL IT TO THE BANK THAT STILL BOOTS OR DID I HAVE TO DO IT ONE THE OTHER BANK AND CAN I GET IT TO BOOT AGAIN?

View Post

first off, turn off your caps lock.. nothing more annoying that having to read a blur of big letters. there's no need to yell wink.gif

now on to your problems..

1. evox dash is a program, not a bios. they are completely seperate. you load the bios onto the chip, which in turn allows you to put the program onto the hdd.

2. m8plus_16 is only for 1.6/1.6b boxes.. if you had actually read thru the tut you would have caught that. also you should really use a clean version, not a modified one. save custom bioses for when you are more experienced and know how to fix any mistakes you might make.

3. you really need to spend some more time in the newbie chat forum reading the pinned topics.. anyone that doesn't know the difference between dashes and bios' doesn't need to be attempting any mods. i don't mean that in a shitty way, i'd just rather have you get a better idea of what you're doing instead of possibly screwing up something major by just diving headfirst into it.

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users