12 replies to this topic

#1 akanekal

akanekal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 11:58 PM

Hi everyone, I have just finished chipping my 1.6 XBOX with 2.6 Xecuter.. The Soldering went well thanks for all the help... Anyway, I finished the chipping and then i plugged it in..... when it booted with the chip enabled, it did the goo animation, then, i got error 16.. i tried all different kinds of chip settings but i kept getting error 16.... it says on Xbox Scene that this means something like Clock thingy. It says change the bios using an extenal flasher..... How do i externally flash. please help.. thanks

#2 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:33 AM

16 - dashboard - Other files to do with dashboard / dashboard settings (specific dashboard error)

#3 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:25 AM

did you also install a new HD? If so, then you have to ftp an appropriate xbe file (dashboard of your choice).

#4 akanekal

akanekal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:08 AM

QUOTE(seriouslysilly @ Feb 4 2005, 12:31 AM)
did you also install a new HD?  If so, then you have to ftp an appropriate xbe file (dashboard of your choice).

View Post

I wanted to use slayers auto installer... but i cant cos im getting error 16 what can i do?

#5 Leafz

Leafz

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xbox's, Adding Mods to Xbox's even if their modded.<br />Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:11 AM

Is the hacked bios allready installed? If not get that done first, then think about upgrading you HDD

#6 akanekal

akanekal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE(Leafz @ Feb 4 2005, 08:17 AM)
Is the hacked bios allready installed? If not get that done first, then think about upgrading you HDD

View Post

how can i install the hacked bios?. i have the disk i made.... when i try to start up the xbox it comes up with error 16 whether the chip is on or not.....

#7 joedog127

joedog127

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:17 AM

After you chip the box with a 2.6x the flash bios screen should pop up and you should have to flash a bios. what i would suggest doing first is load up slayers and unlcock and backup your stock drive (including EEPROM). then remove stock drive and replace with upgraded drive then use slayers to format the upgraded HDD. then you should be all set

P.S. make sure slayers is in the drive when you turn the box on. The bios you flashed should run the default.xbe file from the optical drive

Edited by joedog127, 04 February 2005 - 09:19 AM.

#8 Leafz

Leafz

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
  • Interests:Modding Xbox's, Adding Mods to Xbox's even if their modded.<br />Hockey, Toronto Maple Leafs.

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:19 AM

The first thing you should do when installing a chip is flash the chip first, then if you want install a bigger hd.

#9 akanekal

akanekal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:21 AM

i'll try everything youve said but i forgot to tell you that my stock hdd is dead and i have no ready built hdd thats why im using slayers

#10 SweBaztard-SmartXX

SweBaztard-SmartXX

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2005 - 12:48 PM

you dont have a hard-drive?

#11 akanekal

akanekal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 05:39 PM

In my 1.6 Xbox I have a blank 160 gig hdd in the box and i want to format it with Slayers. I have just installed Xecuter 2.6CE modchip and i am getting error 16...... How do i solve this sad.gif

#12 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 04 February 2005 - 06:18 PM

You need to flash your chip with a hacked bios(for example, X2 4983), before you can put your new hard drive in and run slayers auto installer. In order to do this without your stock hard drive, you are going to need someone else to do it for you. Do you know anyone around you that has a Xecuter 2.6? And if it really came down to it, I have an Xecuter 2.6 in my xbox, so you could send me just the chip and I could flash it, then send it back to you.

By the way, whats wrong with your old hard drive?

Edited by gamerguy999, 04 February 2005 - 06:21 PM.

#13 akanekal

akanekal

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE(gamerguy999 @ Feb 4 2005, 05:24 PM)
You need to flash your chip with a hacked bios(for example, X2 4983), before you can put your new hard drive in and run slayers auto installer. In order to do this without your stock hard drive, you are going to need someone else to do it for you. Do you know anyone around you that has a Xecuter 2.6?  And if it really came down to it, I have an Xecuter 2.6 in my xbox, so you could send me just the chip and I could flash it, then send it back to you.

By the way, whats wrong with your old hard drive?

View Post

I dont know anybody who had an Xbox in my area (Gillingham, Kent, UK). So i might need to use your help. My stock hdd was getting error 13 and i gave up on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users