cooljerk_dv

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2005 - 03:35 AM

Today I just bought a DVD audio disc, it even said on the front that is was compatible with all dvd players, but to my dispair it did not work in the xbox. Can this be implemented, or is there anyway for me to to rip these (using a pc) to a format that is in 5.1, and that xbmc can play. I've goggled and found out about mp3 5.1 or ogg 5.1 what tools will i need to get my dvd-audio disc into one of these formats, and can xbmc play them. IS there anyway to get the 5.1 audio to play on my xbox in 5.1 format, I will do anything. Please help?

PEACE:

#2 devguy

devguy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 February 2005 - 05:21 AM

Do you have a DVD Audio Player?

I asked this question a while back, with SACD included in my question. No real answer was given...

#3 Sirmatto

Sirmatto

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 February 2005 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE(devguy @ Feb 4 2005, 07:27 PM)
Do you have a DVD Audio Player?

I asked this question a while back, with SACD included in my question.  No real answer was given...

View Post

As far as I know, DVD-Audios are backwards compatible so that they can play on any DVD player, even if it's not a certified DVD-Audio player. They usually have the DVD-A tracks in the high resolution format and then the same songs in a lesser 5.1 AC3 track. I don't have a DVD-A player, but I'm able to play them on my normal DVD player, I've never stuck one in my Xbox to see what it does, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Are you trying to play the DVD with the default DVD player or through XBMC? Because I'm pretty sure the latter won't get you anywhere with a DVD-A, considering regular DVD video isn't fully supported yet...

Matt

#4 cooljerk_dv

cooljerk_dv

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2005 - 10:54 PM

Ive tried the defualt ms dvd play, dvdx, and xbmc, they start to play, and then stop.

OK

Does anyone here know of a good cheap DVD-audio play that I should buy. Reviews to sites would be great.

THanks.

#5 Sirmatto

Sirmatto

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 February 2005 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE(cooljerk_dv @ Feb 5 2005, 01:00 PM)
Ive tried the defualt ms dvd play, dvdx, and xbmc, they start to play, and then stop. 

OK

Does anyone here know of a good cheap DVD-audio play that I should buy.  Reviews to sites would be great.

THanks.

View Post

http://www.videohelp.com has one of the biggest user review collection that I've come across.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users