• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cpoore

cpoore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:05 AM

I just recently purchased a Xecuter bios programmer from modchipman.com because I screwed up flashing the bios the first time. I have everything hooked up including the USB cable, parralell cable, and mod chip switch wires (enabled chip, flash protection off, and bank 1). I am using the X2 bios manager v2.3 to try and reflash this chip, however the bios manager will not detect the mod chip what so ever no matter what settings I use. I've checked the LPT port address to make sure it is correct as well. Right now I have a yellow and red LED lit up on the programmer. When I open up the X2 bios manager the blue LED blinks continuously. I've tried multiple serial cables, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. I've also tried programming it on two different PCs, changing the parrelell port settings in the bios thinking that might make a difference.

If anyone has experienced this please let me know if you have any suggestions, I just don't know where to go from here in order to troubleshoot this.

#2 KeyMastur

KeyMastur

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Women, Sports, Weights, Computers, Photography
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:09 AM

first off, bank # doesn't matter.

try taking out the parallel cable. plug the programmer into the PC parallel port directly. connect the USB. connect the chip.

try using iXia to program it too.

#3 cpoore

cpoore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:11 PM

I gave that a try, plugging the programmer straight into the parallel port directly. Now I am receiving a different error code in the X2 bios manager. It still says "Xecuter 2 not detected. But instead of the 0xFFFF it says 0x23F7. Any idea what this means?

#4 wildgator25

wildgator25

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:20 PM

I'm having same problems without the cable, and I've tried iXIA. Nothing will recognize the modchip. Please help! I'm not getting the same error code (I get 0x0808, which I've done some searching on and I think it means switch not set right, but I have it set to enabled, unprotect, bank 1).

#5 custard

custard

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

whenever i use the programmer i do a restart with nothing else running.doesnt seem to lie anything memory hungry running.

#6 wildgator25

wildgator25

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:48 PM

I've tried that as well. I've tried going through control panel/system/device manager/port settings/lpt and changing to allow the device to recognize plug and play devices. I've tried with/without cable. I've tried enabled/disabled, unprotect/protect, bank 1/bank 2. I either get the 0xFFFF (chip not hooked up), or the 0x0808 that I'm getting now. I'm beginning to get my old X-Files thoughts in my head that this is a Executer conspiracy and they want me to buy a new X3 instead of telling me how to fix this 2.3b lite plus. smile.gif
kinda hard to smile when you can't play your box no more!

Edited by wildgator25, 06 February 2005 - 11:49 PM.

#7 yoda67

yoda67

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:37 AM

mad.gif
QUOTE(wildgator25 @ Feb 7 2005, 08:54 AM)
I've tried that as well. I've tried going through control panel/system/device manager/port settings/lpt and changing to allow the device to recognize plug and play devices. I've tried with/without cable. I've tried enabled/disabled, unprotect/protect, bank 1/bank 2. I either get the 0xFFFF (chip not hooked up), or the 0x0808 that I'm getting now. I'm beginning to get my old X-Files thoughts in my head that this is a Executer conspiracy and they want me to buy a new X3 instead of telling me how to fix this 2.3b lite plus. smile.gif
kinda hard to smile when you can't play your box no more!

View Post

#8 yoda67

yoda67

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE(yoda67 @ Feb 8 2005, 06:43 PM)
mad.gif

View Post

i flashed the wrong bios to my 2.6 now my programmer will not detect my chip. i have another 2.6 and it detects that fine,i get error code 0x2B22 i think some how the flash protection got put on by the software. can someone please help thankyou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users