• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mfd_83

mfd_83

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 12:56 AM

hey guys im new to the xbox scene, just got my box yesterday....im lookin to buy a dvd burner, as from what ive gathered, its the only way to go when when making back-ups, so i guess what my question is, is what should i get? what brand is the cheapest that will work, and how should i go about doing it? thanks in advance

#2 mario_ps2

mario_ps2

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 02:49 AM

buy the A04 Pioneer, it's the best and the ancestor too.

go to meritline.com for cheap dvd-r media. biggrin.gif

#3 turtle

turtle

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 05:24 AM

actually go with the pioneer 104, it is the same thing as the A04, different packaging, and about $100 cheaper. i got mine from caldrives.com for $329, but goto pricewatch.com because i think there might be a lower price now from another site. i got my media from http://allmediaoutlet.com/ and they work great for dvd movies, but i have not tried them on xbox backups yet becasue i do not have my mod fitted yet. hope this helped.

#4 SirDoc99

SirDoc99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 June 2002 - 09:54 AM

Hello,
Incase you haven't purchased your Pioneer 104 yet I suggest going to http://www.goroyalpc.com they have it for $275.
smile.gif

#5 otisdog

otisdog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 05:42 PM

Why do people need DVD burners if you cannot burn Xbox games yet. Or are people burning DVD isos?

Please fill me in because I thought you couldnt make a copy of a original?

#6 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 08:00 PM

Quote (SirDoc99 @ Jun 10 2002, 12:54 AM)
Hello,
Incase you haven't purchased your Pioneer 104 yet I suggest going to http://www.goroyalpc.com they have it for $275.
smile.gif

its $261 now!! biggrin.gif

#7 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 08:02 PM

Quote (otisdog @ Jun 19 2002, 08:42 AM)
Why do people need DVD burners if you cannot burn Xbox games yet. Or are people burning DVD isos?

Please fill me in because I thought you couldnt make a copy of a original?

people need dvd burners cause xbox has harder time reading cd-r/cd-rw. some even have hard time reading dvd-r. dvd-rw is the way to go as of now. and no u can't MAKE A COPY OF A ORIGINAL as u plan on doing cause ur pc won't read the ORIGINAL xbox game

#8 Duece

Duece

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 19 June 2002 - 09:20 PM

So most xboxes will not read dvd-r media? this sux, i would have waited and got a dvd+r/+rw drive if I knew this before hand. IS memorex a good readable brand?

#9 The Legendary Rob

The Legendary Rob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 June 2002 - 12:27 AM

Quote (Duece @ Jun 19 2002, 12:20 PM)
So most xboxes will not read dvd-r media? this sux, i would have waited and got a dvd+r/+rw drive if I knew this before hand. IS memorex a good readable brand?

dvd-r works but u have to experiment with what brands (costly if u go thru a couple different ones) work and when u do find some that do work it still won't read as good as dvd-rw cheap brands. i paid less than $2 for my princo dvd-rw and i heard they work. can't test yet cause my chips laggin

#10 c00li028

c00li028

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 07:36 AM

I just modded my xbox tonight with the final pcb of the enigmah and none of my princo dvd-rw burnt isos work sad.gif. I'm currently ordering a sample pack of drd-r's so I can see what my xbox likes.

#11 pmow

pmow

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 21 June 2002 - 08:15 AM

Several people are having problems with PRINCO.

I bought a MEMOREX DVD-RW, and my late model xbox didn't read the disc. I went over to compusa, and bought a "sampler" of Verbatim, Sony, and CompUSA brand DVD-RW and -R. Both the RW and R of Sony work on my system. I'm in the process of testing the Verbatim, but I think they should work as people have said they do.

I plan on just buying DVD-Rs for games I would actually play, and buy for a buck each, if I can find them that cheap. DVD-RW I would use for storing rar files (since my 100gigs feels like a 100 megs right now) and playing games I'm not really interested in.

I'll post a new review thread tomorrow. (3:14 am EST)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users