12 replies to this topic

#1 BGiglio

BGiglio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 04:55 AM

How would I go about doing this when using Waffle's tools? That set of tools has a BIOS included, would I need to just go out and grab another bios and edit that one to use G drive?

Would it be ok to change it like that?

#2 blah101

blah101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:40 AM

you want to use a LB48 Bios nkpatcher67 is the one you should get

install the exploit and setup your dash.. in evox go to settings and select yes to use G drive and F if not on yes as well.
Grab ConfigMagic from the usual places and FTP that over to your xbox.. run the app, and format G smile.gif reboot and your good to go

btw congrats on a 400gb

#3 BGiglio

BGiglio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:03 AM

How would I know what is currently in the waffletools?

#4 hoops10

hoops10

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:14 PM

Depends on which ver of waffletools you are using. And also if you are using nkpatcher or pbl metoo. If you are using nkpatcher, there is no loading of a Bios, it just patches your current Bios. One more thing, when using nkpatcher you dont have to worry about the 137 gb limit of f: drive (that is what I was told anyway.) If that is true, I don't know what the new limit of f: drive is.

#5 blah101

blah101

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2005 - 05:43 PM

the limit on F drive is still the same up to 137 gb and then G takes the rest..

#6 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:20 PM

nope.....pbl-metoo with m8 and nkpatcher 10 both have lba48 support (which means your F drive is not limited to 137 gigs). you could THEORETICALLY let the F drive take up the entire rest of your hard drive. EXCEPT the xbox file system is only able to support partitions of around 260 GB which means if you did it on a 400 gb hd, you'd end up with data corruption as it started getting full. if you are using a bios, you could use evtool to edit it to use F and G, if you are using nkpatcher, you'll need to recompile a version that looks for the dashboard and shadowc files in the right places, and uses the F and G drive setup.

#7 hoops10

hoops10

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 06:56 PM

So when using nkpatcher, is there a problem with using g drive? If you have a 400 gb drive, then if f uses 260 gb (and minus what the other drives need), wouldn't it just be a matter of enabling g drive on your dash and formating g drive to get the rest of the 400 gbs?

#8 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:05 PM

the problem is that it's not a physical partition limit. it WILL format F to be as big as you want it...it will just corrupt data when you try using it if it's too big. if you wanted to manually partition F to be 260 gigs and then have G take up the rest it would work fine.

#9 BGiglio

BGiglio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 07:37 PM

Excellent answers, thank you..

How would I physically go about enabling the G drive then by formatting?

Waffletools uses nkpatcher, so how could I recompile a version that does what you stated before?

#10 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

download nkpatcher10...it comes with an src folder, use the config file to set it up how you want to and then compile it with nasm.

or you could use a biosloader and just edit the bios with evtool.

#11 BGiglio

BGiglio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:24 PM

Do you have AIM?

I'm wondering what exactly do you mean by compiling it with "nasm"?

#12 BGiglio

BGiglio

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 109 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:54 AM

Could I use nkpatcher, or can I use configmagic?

I've been searching for ever trying to figure out how to use the G drive,

Can anyoine send me an IM? SuppinFiends

#13 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:30 AM

there's a free program you can download called nasm and then you can run that in the src folder of nkpatcher to compile it. there are a lot of tutorials on the forums about how to do this, search for compiling nkpatcher. configmagic has nothing to do with bios loading/kernel patching.....not sure where you pulled that out of.

if you want to you could also use a biosloader. download pbl-metoo and use evtool to open up the .bin file (this is the bios). from there you can set it to use all F or F and G drive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users