15 replies to this topic

#1 jreedy88

jreedy88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:05 AM

Is there a memory card installer for MA SC or AU that installs UXE with NKpatcher? If there is not, does anyone know if something special must be done to an xbe to get it to work with the SC memcard exploit? I tried putting Avalaunch in place of evox and it seemed to fail. I just want to be able to mod friends xboxes at their houses without a computer connection. So far I have been taking a laptop along to mod them.

#2 The_Truth

The_Truth

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:12 AM

if evox is used as the install engine, it's gonna fail wink.gif

#3 jreedy88

jreedy88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:14 AM

No no, since there are no current projects that will install UXE with Nkpatcher, I just want to use an existing gamesave that I got from the usual sources that was only designed to run evox to run avalaunch and use its built in filemanager to copy over the files necessary to install uxe.

#4 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:16 AM

if you make sure that avalaunch is signed, and then put it in the gamesave in place of the evox file...then yeah it should work

#5 jreedy88

jreedy88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:35 AM

signed for what??? habibi, fonts, audio??

#6 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

usually habibi....but i ran across a mechassault save that needed free-x

i'd try habibi first though

#7 shadow23

shadow23

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:48 AM

The UXE English v2 (007) uses unleashx as the dash. I was able to use nkpatcher with this exploit. All I did was renamed nkpatcher to PBL.xbe and got a X2 4981 bios and renamed it from X2_4981.06_256k.bin to Xbios.bin and all is well.

#8 jreedy88

jreedy88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:51 AM

Okay, I put avalaunch in place of install.xbe in the Splinter Cell package, and I then signed it with habibi key. It goes to black screen when I try to load gamesave. This is, however, better than before, when it would give me error 21. Also, when I signed it, it said some sort of error at the end of the xbedump file.

XBE file integrity: FALSE!!!! FALSE!!!!

#9 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 08:55 AM

the weird reading from xbedump is common, don't sweat it.

is avalaunch set to run games/cd's automatically? this would make it look in the dvd drive as soon as it launched and would cause problems....might be a good thing to check real quick.

#10 jreedy88

jreedy88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:05 AM

it all worked out

#11 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE(The_Truth @ Feb 6 2005, 07:18 AM)
if evox is used as the install engine, it's gonna fail wink.gif

View Post

Why is that? I know of an installer that uses evox and it's working fine. It installs nkpatcher complete with virtual C and eeprom.

Edited by krayzie, 06 February 2005 - 09:22 AM.

#12 rabbitstroker

rabbitstroker

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:34 AM

Krayzie your softmod auto installer with evox seems a little special, it's real good stuff and i like how you have made it more noob proof by adding the 1 to 4 directions in evox. Just wondering though, unlike some of the other softmod installers, your installer does'nt back up the C, only the eeprom??

#13 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:39 AM

you can get a stock c from slayers pretty easily, or use a live enabled game and update.

as for the evox not working, i figured he meant switching the avalaunch for the evox in the gamesave would make the installer not work because obviously all of the scripting would have been in evox and if he switched it to avalaunch it wouldn't have the installer. but yeah, i made an evox based installer with uxe and nkpatcher 10 and it works fine.

#14 jreedy88

jreedy88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 09:57 AM

well damn i wish i knew about that.... I just set up a gamesave with the following:

1. Booting to boxplorer, which is a bit dangerous because it has no FTP server in case i run into troubles, but o well.
2. ShadowC in the memsave signed with habibi, so i can use boxplorer to launch it and create a backup of C before anything is modified, allowing memory/music access later on.
3. Used UXE complete and have a replacement for C on memsave to be installed manually using boxplorer. It has Avalaunch as the dashboard.
4. In case the 71 fonts dont work, I included a 61 fonts folder.

Now I should be able to mod a box anywhere as long as I have SC and my memorycard. I'll most likely make a DVD with a few programs on it as well so they can have emulators, dvd playback without remote, etc...

Thanks for the help guys.

#15 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2005 - 10:12 AM

ummm....yeah. if you're planning on running more than one app from the gamesave, you should just have made installer.xbe be a biosloader or nkpatcher (i'd recomend nkpatcher because it is much smaller, and size matters in a memcard). just compile it to not have a shadowc drive and look for avalaunch.xbe in the gamesave folder of udata. then from there you can launch whatever you want because the kernel is patched. (don't forget to sign it!)

to mod xboxes, i usually just use my memcard installer that formats c (i have a backup of a new c dash so it really doesn't matter if i delete it). then it installs s uxe complete type of setup (everything in the font folder) and for fonts i use 71 and 1 s.xtf file. i haven't run across any xboxes that won't work with that font setup. from there, it will run a burned dvd, so i just have a dvd with evox default.xbe and a script that just formats the c drive again, and copies the layout i usually put on the xboxes, and then copies the dashboard, emulators and apps to E.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users