5 replies to this topic

#1 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:15 PM

i just installed an x3 on what i think is a 1.6b, the chip boots fine (ive quadruple check the soldering) i get an orange led light, but no video, i cant see flashbios, then when i hold the power button to disable the chip it frags once and reboots with chip enabled. and yes ive searched. thanks.

#2 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:33 PM

i got it to boot to the ms dash.......no though when i take the chip out all i get is a frag.....any suggestions?

#3 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:42 AM

update......i get the ms dash to boot fine... ive soldered, rechecked, resoldered then did it all again.....i still have no video....and no its not a hi def cable im using its the orig xbox red white and yellow connection, i even opened up a brand cable from other box and i still get no video, any thoughts?

#4 TDO521

TDO521

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:28 AM

how are you installing the chip? pin-header? wire install?

#5 Hath

Hath

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:50 AM

PIN HEADER

#6 Inkarnate

Inkarnate

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:36 AM

I had the same problem with an x3 in a 1.6b xbox. When you try and boot the chip you get an orange amber light around the eject and no video. I installed the chip in my own xbox (v1.1) and found that it didn't have the correct flashbios installed on it. It only came with flashbios 3.0.0 and for a 1.6b you need flashbios v3.0.1 or v3.0.3. Had to send it back and have it reflashed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users