throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:43 AM

The only reason I bought an Xbox was because it was better than everything else on the market, specs-wise. I knew it could be modded and I could do a lot of stuff with it. Xbox 2 is not going to have the best specs by any means. The 3 choices are just gonna confuse people. I think the 3rd one (the xbox/pc) will fail for sure. Only the hardcore will want it and they would already have a console that plays pc games if they wanted one. They have been talked about for a while. Link I want the best system. No matter what system anyone buys there will be games. Proof is Xbox1. No games when I bought it, now there is plenty. XNA is great, but will it make up for lack of hardware?

Edited by throwingks, 08 February 2005 - 12:44 AM.

#2 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,917 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 February 2005 - 12:48 AM

it boggles the mind how people make such comments.

people basing something on rumors, such as there being more than 1 model.

I can reply no further right now, Im so dumbfounded.

I'll let others say it instead

#3 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:04 AM

You are right they are rumores, however how can a company have better hardware that is coming out a year earlier than the competition. Obviously, this is a specualtive conversation as there is no hardprrof of anything. Nice talking with you though. Thanks for the constructive input.

#4 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:25 AM

ps3 will be out a few months after xbox 2, just not here in the states.

the ps3 will be limited as to what the geforce is capable of in my opinion.

its all about the GPU

#5 whet1134

whet1134

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Feb 7 2005, 11:49 PM)
The only reason I bought an Xbox was because it was better than everything else on the market, specs-wise. I knew it could be modded and I could do a lot of stuff with it. Xbox  2 is not going to have the best specs by any means. The 3 choices are just gonna confuse people. I think the 3rd one (the xbox/pc) will fail for sure. Only the hardcore will want it and they would already have a console that plays pc games if they wanted one. They have been talked about for a while. Link I want the best system. No matter what system anyone buys there will be games. Proof is Xbox1. No games when I bought it, now there is plenty. XNA is great, but will it make up for lack of hardware?

View Post

Nobody knows anything about any of the systems. Speculation is fine, but isn't this the 4th thread that's been started about this very topic? I'm not trying to insult you, but everything you have said has been said 80 times by other people.

Games will decide the winner. Until we see those games, we know next to nil.

BTW, have you worked with XNA? Do you know Xbox2 will "lack hardware?" Everyone wants the "best system," but that depends on what you value more.

#6 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 01:51 AM

As I said I value hardware over games. The games will come. I said that already. Even a few months can make a difference in hardware specs. Look at the DVD news on the frontpage. That is the difference of a few months. With hardware I mean more than that though. I want to play MAME and have a PVR and everything, It "seems" a few other consoles might be better suited for that stuff. Including the Discover console, apextreme console, phantom console, but noone is really talking them.

edit - Indrema failed but was it ahead of its time?

Edited by throwingks, 08 February 2005 - 02:02 AM.

#7 jk009

jk009

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />Technology<br />Computers<br />Bowling<br />Girls<br />More...

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:24 AM

WowI reallt do not know why all of you trust rumors. I mean a rumor. Here is a deffinition: 1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

Read it UNVERIFIED
I am not flaming grr.gif but never trust a rumor 95% of the time they are wrong.
I.E: Halo 1.5 com ing out? Did that ever happen? Also don't say the 5% will happen either. Those are VERY special cases!

Edited by jk009, 08 February 2005 - 02:28 AM.

#8 mikeandbandit

mikeandbandit

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE(jk009 @ Feb 7 2005, 08:30 PM)
WowI reallt do notknow why all of you trust rumors.  I mean a rumor. Here is a deffinition: 1. A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth.
  2. Unverified information received from another; hearsay.

Read it UNVERIFIED

View Post

many rumors like legends begin with some truth

#9 jk009

jk009

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:Games<br />Technology<br />Computers<br />Bowling<br />Girls<br />More...

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:30 AM

I just ammended for the special cased and for what you said, but for the most part how many rumers in the past years before the Xbox came out actually were true?

#10 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 02:43 AM

I know its a DAMNED rumor. I said that in every post within this thread. That is the point of this thread. Hell, it is the point of this whole section. Lets just shut the whole section down until something is verified by MS. That way jk009 won't get mad.

I am talking about ALL potential consoles not just the main 3 but all of the pc/console hybrids and everything. Which will be the best all encompassing home entertainment center? I do not "think" it will be MSs.

Edited by throwingks, 08 February 2005 - 02:45 AM.

#11 whet1134

whet1134

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE(jk009 @ Feb 8 2005, 01:30 AM)
I.E: Halo 1.5 com ing out? Did that ever happen? Also don't say the 5% will happen either.  Those are VERY special cases!

View Post

Technically, the Halo 1.5 game did come out... it was Halo PC. They added 2 weapons and a vehicle I think. But that may be hearsay, or is it a rumor? laugh.gif

#12 Deftech

Deftech

X-S Transcendental

• XS-BANNED
  • 6,917 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:02 AM

throwingks..

sounds to me like you should stick with pc's seeing as everything is always changing every couple of months. atleast with a pc you can do so if you chose to. problem solved right there. tongue.gif

or is ps3 going to give you the choice to upgrade seeing as its the uber machine of all time

#13 Breakdown05

Breakdown05

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:39 AM

In my EGM mag it said XBox 2 is expected to be released late 2005 and PS3 will be released late 2006. Honestly, I would have wanted it to come out when PS3 would have because than Blu-Ray prices might have decreased making MS think about using it and I want the the better graphics and specs that PS3 might have.

#14 modman15

modman15

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 05:44 AM

The next xbox will never fail as long as MS is behind it. MS wouldnt let this be crap.

#15 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 08 February 2005 - 06:20 AM

I have a PC but there is a lot more games with a console not to mention a lot more convinience. I don't know much about PS3 rumors, because I am not a Sony fanboy. I want a nextgen Sega to be honest but that will never happen. Dreamcast is fun and innovative. MS is trying to be, but we will see. I hope they are. I like the idea of the xbox/pc hybrid but, will the hardware be very different? I don't think it will. I bet it would be easy (relative) to mod the xbox2 w/ hd to the xbox2/pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users