3 replies to this topic

#1 realmccloy

realmccloy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 07:56 AM

For whatever reason, someone wants me to install a mod chip in a TSOP flashed Xbox. They would like the TSOP reversed so that there is no hacked bios flashed to the TSOP, and only the MS kernel.

Not sure why...but, I have never done a TSOP flash before so I am going over some of the basics. What I thought about doing was leaving the TSOP flashed and then just installing a Xenium Ice or SmartXX mod chip and flashing two bios' to the chip. Flash the MS Bios and a hacked bios.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I always wanted to learn how to do a TSOP flash in case a customer wanted one. I chip between 25-32 machines per month and it's always a good thing to learn another method to modding a machine.

This is a 1.4/1.5 machine (I didn't check which one yet. But, it has the Winbond TSOP. He already has X2 bios flashed to th TSOP and a 200GB HD with Avalaunch set as the default dash.

later all

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,752 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 09:03 AM

use raincoat or eurasia to flash retail kernel 5101, then install your chip like normal

unless your somewhat familiar with raincoat and telnetting id suggest eurasia, get a mecheurasia gamesave from xbins, then just launch the default.xbe in 4541000d/00000000000/ from avalaunch

#3 realmccloy

realmccloy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 04:52 PM

Thanks, that info plus the TSOP pics you have links too have gotten me pointed in the right direction! I see that the enable points are still bridged, so I should be able to get this handled without incident smile.gif

Being that I already have the ability to run avalaunch, and evox for that matter can I just FTP this gamesave using Xbox Saves MGR and then just run the .xbe that you mentioned?

I took a look in the gamesave and there is already a bios image in there, so I am going to assume that is already retail kernel 5101? Or do I still need to hunt that down.

Again, thanks.

Edited by realmccloy, 09 February 2005 - 04:56 PM.

#4 SkateorDie

SkateorDie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 08:58 PM

i think you can get the retail kernals form xbins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users