5 replies to this topic

#1 blueshogun96

blueshogun96

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:04 PM

Ok, I have some problems whenever I run a OpenGL program in Fullscreen mode. It's has some sort of glitch where the rgb kinda "seperates" and creates like 2 or 3 images where one is red and the other is blue. I have attached some pics below. Take a look. The only good thing about this glitch is that I can put on some 3D glasses and it will look 3D. The real reason why I have a problem with that is because it causes a MASSIVE slowdown in my games (particularly Doom 3 and Quake). This sucks. Any ideas? My PC specs are below (PC #1). Thanks.

EDIT: in windowed mode, everything is ok but still slow. And some OpenGL apps like Snes9X GL won'r run at all

http://www.ngemu.com...achmentid=84716

#2 XeroKitsune

XeroKitsune

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Anime, Video Games, & random other things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

I can't see your information since the board your linking to requires user to be loged in to see it. Sooo I'm going to guess you might have a NVidia card. Why? Because there is stereoscopic support on all NVIDIA based graphics cards, try running GEforce tweak.
If you don't have a NVidia card, then I don't have a answer since I don't know what type of card you have. sad.gif

#3 blueshogun96

blueshogun96

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 09:10 PM

Yeah, I have an nvidia card. I forgot to put my pc specs below, sorry about that. And I had to put the pics in a rar file because since I can't get internet in my room and my moms computer has win98, I cant use flash drives because I can't get drivers for mine plus the floppy drive destroys every floppy that goes in there, I had to go to the library and upload the rar file on a single floppy because they won't let us use flash drives mad.gif

#4 XeroKitsune

XeroKitsune

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:17 AM

Try looking in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> NVidia Corp --> Global --> Stereo3D
for ShowAllViewerTypes
if the key is there change the value to 0

Also
QUOTE(blueshogun96 @ Feb 15 2005, 02:16 PM)
I had to go to the library and upload the rar file on a single floppy because they won't let us use flash drives mad.gif

View Post

Depending on the OS of the system and what protection thier using, this may be understandible. If it's lower than Win2k, it would need to have specific drivers installed since it's not part of the OS.
Also if the USB is active then many other devices can be used, I remeber some ppl creating thier own private hotspots out of libraries by adding a usb wifi card and using it as a ad-hoc network.
Public machines often are restricted due to the few that would abuse or damage them if given the chance. smile.gif

#5 blueshogun96

blueshogun96

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE(XeroKitsune @ Feb 16 2005, 12:23 AM)
Try looking in the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> Software --> NVidia Corp --> Global --> Stereo3D
for ShowAllViewerTypes
if the key is there change the value to 0

Also
Depending on the OS of the system and what protection thier using, this may be understandible. If it's lower than Win2k, it would need to have specific drivers installed since it's not part of the OS.
Also if the USB is active then many other devices can be used, I remeber some ppl creating thier own private hotspots out of libraries by adding a usb wifi card and using it as a ad-hoc network.
Public machines often are restricted due to the few that would abuse or damage them if given the chance.  smile.gif

View Post

Yeah, I understand that it's a public computer. I asked the librarian today and she said that usb flash drives are not supported. Either way, it's not really a big deal. Sorry for the dumb question, but how do you find your registry key?

#6 XeroKitsune

XeroKitsune

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:01 AM

It's not a dumb question, normaly most people don't go into the registry since it's dangerous to change things if you don't know what your doing.
Warning: Take great care to only change this one value.
Click on start, then select run. In the dialog box, type "regedit" without quotes then click OK.
The registry editor looks a bit like window's explorer. To navigate you expand the folders on the left and select the one you want to see the keys in.
user posted image
In this case you'd need to goto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
then
Software
then
NVidia Corp
then
Global
then
Stereo3D
When you click on Stereo3D, look on the right side for ShowAllViewerTypes. If it exists double click that word and change the value to 0 in the window it pops up.
Then after you click ok, close the registry editor, reboot and check your games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users