13 replies to this topic

#1 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 01:06 AM

I was softmodding a friends Xbox, and everything went fine. I put in the Top Spin/NCAA Football 2005 game. However, it got an error 21 message. Any other games I've tried worked, except this one. Is there any way to fix this?

Its a 1.6, with EvoX, EvoX m8 bios, PBL Metoo Loader, and UDE2.

#2 anjilslaire

anjilslaire

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • Interests:duh...I'm here, aren't I?
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 February 2005 - 02:27 AM

That game uses the fonts on the c: drive. Since they're not there (due to the exploit), it crashes. Use nkpatcher instead of pbl, and put a shadow c: on with the retail files.
Read a tut in Krayzie's signature.

#3 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:55 AM

Ok, I've followed the guide. However, I downloaded NASM and Xbedump, and both shut right back down, so I can't compress/encode/whatever nkpatcher. Any ideas on how to fix this?

#4 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:42 AM

nasm and xbedump are command line executables...you need to use dos prompt

#5 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:22 AM

Thanks cmiz, now (hopefully) one final question...

Using xbedump, which signature do I use?

#6 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:29 AM

Nevermind, figured it out. Sorry.

#7 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 07:12 AM

Grr. Spoke too soon.

I signed it and everything, and got error 21. I've been over Krayzie's tutorial several times, and I've got the dashboard in the same place. The original file was named default.xbe, so I renames the new one (which is 12kb bigger than the old. If that's a sign I did something wrong, do tell.) I redid the softmod, which replaced the messed up version with original. What now?

#8 mikea198021

mikea198021

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 12:08 PM

There are two ways of playing/launching this game. You can go into boxplorer(you should have this great app) and select drive D: Then click the game folder you want to play, NCAA or Topspin. Once in the actual game folder on Boxplorer, you can click the default.xbe to play the game. Alternateively, copy the game to the hard drive of your xbox. Copy only the NCAA or Topspin folder off the Xbox disc to your HD. Then once it is copied, delete the dashupdate. xbe, and downloader.xbe from your xbox. Works

#9 BlackWar

BlackWar

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(mikea198021 @ Feb 22 2005, 03:14 AM)
There are two ways of playing/launching this game.  You can go into boxplorer(you should have this great app) and select drive D:  Then click the game folder you want to play, NCAA or Topspin.  Once in the actual game folder on Boxplorer, you can click the default.xbe to play the game.  Alternateively, copy the game to the hard drive of your xbox.  Copy only the NCAA or Topspin folder off the Xbox disc to your HD.  Then once it is copied, delete the dashupdate. xbe, and downloader.xbe from your xbox.  Works

View Post

also, you can opt for having shadowc installed with the origional files on it. some installers (shamefull plug coming....) including mine (end of shamefull plug, lol) can install this for you, assuming that your C: is put back to stock before you begin.

#10 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:21 AM

I wish that was a choice BlackWar, but I'm using Splinter Cell.

Ok, just to double check, what would I type in for nasm and xbedump?

#11 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 05:33 AM

for nasm:
nasm -o nkpatcher.xbe xboxapp.asm

for xbedump
xbedump nkpatcher.xbe -habibi

then take the out.xbe file and use that to replace whatever file the fonts were booting.

edit: actually i find it's easier to make a .bat file using notepad in the src folder of nkpatcher 10. then just copy nasm and xbedump into the folder and have the .bat file run this script:

nasm -o nkpatcher.xbe xboxapp.asm
xbedump nkpatcher.xbe -habibi
del nkpatcher.xbe
rename out.xbe nkpatcher.xbe

then just take nkpatcher.xbe and use that wherever you want to...

Edited by cmiz, 23 February 2005 - 05:34 AM.

#12 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:13 AM

Ok, did all that, still get the error, so apparently, I'm doing something else wrong.

Edited by Psycho_Ninja, 24 February 2005 - 12:18 AM.

#13 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:41 AM

Well, I've 'encoded' it right. I tried replacing the new file with the old default.xbe in the BiosLD folder by renaming- Error 21. I've tried running the new file as a program by naming it default.xbe and putting it in a new folder (roundabout way, i know, maybe flawed)- Error 21.

Either I'm running it wrong, or I did something wrong with the config.I know I should probably use a program to run the .xbe, but I've never used boxplorer, and didnt put another program on this xbox that could. Suggesstions?

#14 Psycho_Ninja

Psycho_Ninja

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:45 AM

Well, I went back, and found I had a typo where it pointed to the dashbord. Replaced, ran, and followed the rest of the tutorial. SUCCESS! Thanks everyone who helped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users