4 replies to this topic

#1 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:20 AM

i was banned from xbox live with my 120 gig hdd....so i figured i would just reinstall my stock xbox hard drive since i never even used it on live....well when i swap the hdd i get the error code 6....now i know thats because the existing eeprom on the xbox cant unlock the stock hdd.... i dont have the original epprom for the stock hdd...is the stock hdd now completely useless....i wanted to make an external hdd case so that that i can swap between the 2 but would this even work since everytime i swap the 120 hdd for the stock one i will get the error 6 message...unless u used the same eeprom in both....anyway any help would be greatly appreciated....

#2 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:29 AM

6 - kernel - Cannot unlock HDD

yep pretty much screwed HD.

plus if you were banned is recomended to change the eeprom , HD and LIVE account for a new one.

#3 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:39 AM

thanx for the response....so lets say i get myself an unlocked stock hdd....i would then have to use the same eeprom on both my stock hdd and my upgraded hdd in order to swap between the 2???

#4 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(bigdawg10163 @ Feb 10 2005, 03:45 AM)
thanx for the response....so lets say i get myself an unlocked stock hdd....i would then have to use the same eeprom on both my stock hdd and my upgraded hdd in order to swap between the 2???

View Post

yes , but if you have a chip and you never turn it off then locking is not needed. but if is softmod then yes , they need to be locked.

#5 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 04:50 AM

thanx alot infamous... guess i am gonna have to get my hands on an unloacked stock hdd....time to head to th buy and sell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users