• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2005 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(stinger01 @ Feb 17 2005, 07:30 PM)
i'm still trying to get my HD backup to work.
I got a 1.6 xbox, X3 chip and latest bios.

I've edited the ini files, cleared the cache drives and folder on E, started from the beginning and i still get the black screen.

Is anyone else still having trouble getting this fix to work?

View Post

Do you have the problem playing off the original disc?

#32 RandomMutation

RandomMutation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 03:33 PM

does this problem happen anywhere else in the game?

I have a HDD back up and an original disc. Used the disc to get past the glitch mentioned above, and now running off HDD again.

#33 YogSatoth

YogSatoth

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 04:39 PM

It's funny.. i get the dde error from my hdd & and dvd-r backups I make, but I can't even actually get into the game. I can make a character, but as soon as i hit the A button on "play" i get a few bars of loading, and then, wham, dde. Gawds this is annoying. Maybe that's a PAL version thing. I wonder if it has something to do with unleashX? perhaps i should change my dash over to evoX.

#34 ether99

ether99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:00 PM

I dont know if you guys have tried this fix, but it did work for me first time. This is the quote from the backups forum, posted by Shakaru:

http://forums.xbox-s...327160&hl=kotor

TSR Mode - WORKS
For Evox users, just follow these easy steps.
1) Go into you Settings tab on the Evox Dashboard and find the option for TSR. Set this to Debug (Not normal unlike many thought) Save, restart evox and then open Kotor 2.
2) get to the part right before you access the terminal that opens the administration level before the cut scene and save.
3) In Internet Explorer type "Telnet:100.100.100.100". The 100's are obviously for your xboxs ip.
4) Then type in the new window that poped up "FR" but do not hit enter. You are doing this to get ready for a quick shot.
5) Now do the whole terminal thing and right as T3 gets zapped and the screen starts to fade, hit ENTER on your keyboard. You xbox should freeze.
6) Next on telnet just type "UF" for un freeze and the game should continue on and autosave and load the next part.
Your timing is all important as for the window of opertunity is short. If it dosent work, go back and try again. Took me 2 trys for this.

Now, I do have problems with the audio - I'm getting jittering and slowdowns whenever characters speak and when I'm just running around. I erased all the cache folders on Z, Y, X and E and this works for the first time I load it but just returns to the jittering the second time I load... I'll keep working on that

#35 Di_jo

Di_jo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:29 PM

I can't telnet in while gaming!

What have i to do?

How do i use saves from actionreply site?

thx a lot, waiting to play one of the best game ever!

#36 ipodder2003

ipodder2003

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2005 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(Di_jo @ Feb 18 2005, 01:35 PM)
I can't telnet in while gaming!

What have i to do?

How do i use saves from actionreply site?
thx a lot, waiting to play one of the best game ever!

View Post

Why don't you just use your original disk to get past this part, and then off the HD?

#37 Di_jo

Di_jo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE(ipodder2003 @ Feb 19 2005, 12:45 AM)
Why don't you just use your original disk to get past this part, and then off the HD?

View Post

cause my dvd reader is broken!

I can use neither original nor backup disk, just trough ftp.

Shall i use somehow the original disk in my pc dvd reader?

thx

#38 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 22 February 2005 - 10:57 PM

Perhaps you have to delete a file like in GTA the capfinal file.

Other than that I don't know.

#39 Beretta1979

Beretta1979

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 06:01 PM

Hi guys, I also have the PAL version and I can garantee that the only working fix for me was the TSR fix. I tried all other fixes , including the ini file fix posted here but non worked. The TSR fix worked for me the first time. And it is really not that difficult, that is , if you can connect with your computer to your xbox

#40 Splinter

Splinter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 10:49 AM

My problem is a bit different. I modified the ini before i even played the game. So today I finally get around to playing. All is fine, I get to the spot and the game freezes still. No biggie since I expected it. So I put in the DVD and load up, and get past the part with no problem. I then saved after I controlled my Jedi, than loaded up the save. I get through and down into the mine. The probelm is that from then on I can't hit anyone. All my shots and melee hit miss. I have tried clearing the cache, turning off trainers, removing extra files, and reverting back to the original ini file. Nothing worked so i came here hoping some one had this identical problem. I wonder why mine is so different.

Although i really doubt it matters, this is the NTSC version, I run the latest evox version with TSR set to normal. I have NO other problems with games and I play a lot and mess around with them often. I have wasted more than 6 hours now trying to just narrow down the start of this and try to fix it. I can't think of anything else to do. Even if I use the disc and load right before T3 gets shot, the same thing ends up happening. this is so damn weird. I'll try a save file I guess for now.

Edited by Splinter, 25 February 2005 - 11:00 AM.

#41 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:17 PM

Sounds like it's probably a weird bug in the game. I'm not sure if it's related to the T3 problem. You could try editing the INI file and see if that works but I don't know.

#42 Splinter

Splinter

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:29 AM

I already had edited the ini and with either version it is the same. Using a downloaded save did not work, nor did running off of a disc. I had been using a hdd fix xbe i found online before to try to make the glitch never happen, but it was gone at the time of the downloaded save, so i don't know if the fix file could affect the save. Just in case of anything I am deleting the game off of my hdd. I will then transfer it again to the xbox and load up my saves. If that still doesn't work I will try a whole new game. I don't know what else to do.

#43 Kl0J0

Kl0J0

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:37 PM

Goddiaaaamn

Ofcourse the TSR is the only way to 100% sure make it work...
But what do I get... a big fuck you. If I turn on debug TSR I can't get past the evoxloadingscreen blink.gif

If I leave the option turned off and just try to telnet to my box.... I can't get a connection.

I tried the fixed ini...deleted all my saves and started over... still that freagin black screen 'o nothing! mad.gif

I'm going nuts.

EDIT

Ow right watching that movie also did nada for me.

Edited by Kl0J0, 26 February 2005 - 02:39 PM.

#44 nab195

nab195

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 03:24 PM

This annoying bug gave me days of pain, I tried everything related to changing game files. (thanks for the help anyway chefelf) In the end just make a backup copy of the game and whenever you get stuck run it from disk. You can FTP the files to your comp. and make a backup CD easily.

ps. I'm quite far into the game and im back to running the game from the HDD and no other bug has happened to me....yet.

#45 Ozy

Ozy

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,794 posts
  • Interests:Gamming,<br />Women,<br />Films,<br />Fine Food,<br />Drinking With My Mates<br /> - Not In That Order.

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:38 PM

Wait a min!

OK everybody is it just me or do the cashe files write in a different patition to the directory?

Check it says something like Z:/ drive but they write in X:/ drive or something.

I changed it.

UPDATE - didn't do a feckin' thing. Just have to run t off the disc for that part every time.

Edited by Ozy, 01 March 2005 - 07:39 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users