3 replies to this topic

#1 graym672

graym672

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 07:49 AM

I understand this is not a professional site, and the owners can do whatever they want to. They are generally very nice, and helpful, but I have noticed in my time here that some of the staff has seemed especially cruel to the members sometimes, especially if they are just a little bit ignorant of the rules. While that IS deserving of something, it has just seemed overly harsh to me. I don't really expect anything to change, but do you think perhaps you guys could be a little nicer sometimes?

Edited by graym672, 11 February 2005 - 07:52 AM.

#2 bucko

bucko

Super Moderator

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,996 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 February 2005 - 12:03 PM

show us an example then wink.gif

#3 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 February 2005 - 05:06 PM

I always try to be as polite as possible. I learned that from my parents and from seeing Roadhouse 47 times.

We can all learn a little from Dalton. rolleyes.gif

Ignorance of the rules is generally not enough to get someone flamed or banned (or it shouldn't be) but we do have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to software piracy. smile.gif

#4 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,218 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:30 AM

The Rules are clearly posted in every forum on this site. People who don't take the time to read them before breaking them don't deserve any extra concideration.

99.99% of the membership either has read the rules (I get some impressive hit counts on the rules page) or simply don't break any of them.

For the tiny fraction of morons.. they deserve what they get and me and the staff won't shed any tears for the moron percentile.

Btw. the Zero tolerance policy isn't just for piracy. Racism, flagrant flamming etc also fall into it.

Basically.. if there is a rule for it.. there is no reason for a regular member to break it.

The rules are enforced, they don't change, and we don't reverse decisions. Treat the rules and their enforcement as non-negotiable. I do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users