#1 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:38 AM

Does anyone know if Unleash X dashboard can be installed on Xenium ICE modchip system?

thanks

#2 djlobes

djlobes

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2005 - 09:23 AM

yes it can, thats what i am running. You will need to flash a different bios first though. I myslef used the x2 bios.

#3 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE(djlobes @ Feb 14 2005, 02:29 AM)
yes it can, thats what i am running.  You will need to flash a different bios first though.  I myslef used the x2 bios.

View Post

Please tell me how you did that! I have tried just about every X2 bios there is and everytime I flash then try to boot to that bios the xbox reboots itself and the light flashes. It wont seem to load any other bios other than Evox M8.

#4 djlobes

djlobes

X-S X-perience

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 368 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:59 AM

well, you need to set up the retail bios first. then set the date and time. then flash the x2 bios. check out the xenium site and read the tut. it should help.

#5 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(djlobes @ Feb 14 2005, 04:05 AM)
well, you need to set up the retail bios first.  then set the date and time.  then flash the x2 bios.  check out the xenium site and read the tut.  it should help.

View Post

I already have retail set up. I have the option to boot to Retail Kernel or Evox right now. I am trying to replace the Evox with the X2 bios you recommended but when I add the X2 bios and delete the Evox I have the boot problem everytime I try to boot up to X2. I have even tried xbtools to tell the X2 bios what dashboard to run (in this case UnleashX) but the system reboots and the light on front flashes. That is where I am stuck. I have also read the tut on xenium site that is how I got the Evox bios installed. I am removing the Evox dash files (.xbe & .ini) and replacing them with UnleashX dash (.xbe & .xml) files then renaming the default.xbe (Unleash) to evoxdash.xbe but either the X2 bios or the UnleashX dash is rebooting my xbox then flashing light on front.

#6 gary004

gary004

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE(Xaryc777 @ Feb 14 2005, 01:45 PM)
I already have retail set up.  I have the option to boot to Retail Kernel or Evox right now.  I am trying to replace the Evox with the X2 bios you recommended but when I add the X2 bios and delete the Evox I have the boot problem everytime I try to boot up to X2.  I have even tried xbtools to tell the X2 bios what dashboard to run (in this case UnleashX) but the system reboots and the light on front flashes.  That is where I am stuck.  I have also read the tut on xenium site that is how I got the Evox bios installed.  I am removing the Evox dash files (.xbe & .ini) and replacing them with UnleashX dash (.xbe & .xml) files then renaming the default.xbe (Unleash) to evoxdash.xbe but either the X2 bios or the UnleashX dash is rebooting my xbox then flashing light on front.

View Post

If you have a 1.6 box then the only bios that will work is the Evox 8. I dont think you'll gain much if anything by using the x2 bios, so why fight it.

#7 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE(gary004 @ Feb 14 2005, 06:31 PM)
If you have a 1.6 box then the only bios that will work is the Evox 8. I dont think you'll gain much if anything by using the x2 bios, so why fight it.

View Post

I have no issues with the Evox M8 bios.....it works great but will it run Unleash X dashboard? I have Evox dash on my xbox but ive softmodded 2 xboxes with Unleash X and I like their dashboard 10x better. They have much more options than me. Can Evox M8 run Unleash X?

#8 gary004

gary004

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 02:22 AM

QUOTE(Xaryc777 @ Feb 14 2005, 07:45 PM)
I have no issues with the Evox M8 bios.....it works great but will it run Unleash X dashboard?  I have Evox dash on my xbox but ive softmodded 2 xboxes with Unleash X and  I like their dashboard 10x better.  They have much more options than me.  Can Evox M8 run Unleash X?

View Post

Yes, I have the ice and evox m8 loaded and use unleashx without issue, I also run avalaunch, msmc, dvd2xbox as apps.

I love this combo because I have everything passcoded so all my daughter and her friends can do is play "E" Games, without the passcode they cant screw anything up.

#9 Pillzburydoofus

Pillzburydoofus

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:23 AM

Two options:

One (easiest): Delete Evoxdash.xbe from C drive. Copy over Unleashx.xbe to C drive. Rename it to Evoxdash.xbe. This is really easy, but unfortunately, you have to delete evox. You can run Evox as an Application still by installing it to E:\Apps or F:\Apps, but you won't be able to "multi-boot" meaning choose which dashboard to boot from the Xenium menu.

Two (best): Use EVTool (available on thetools page here at Xbox-Scene) to edit your evox m8 bios and point the first boot to a different filename or location. (i.e. C:\UnleashX.xbe) and flash your chip with that, and make sure the file you've pointed the bios to is in the correct place and named correctly.

Option 2 is a bit more advanced, but neither are really hard. With EVTOOL you can also add/change some features such as the LED color and the colors of the Xbox logo when you first boot (after animation, before dash loads)

#10 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:23 AM

QUOTE(Pillzburydoofus @ Feb 15 2005, 06:29 PM)
Two options:

One (easiest):  Delete Evoxdash.xbe from C drive.  Copy over Unleashx.xbe to C drive.  Rename it to Evoxdash.xbe.  This is really easy, but unfortunately, you have to delete evox.  You can run Evox as an Application still by installing it to E:\Apps or F:\Apps, but you won't be able to "multi-boot" meaning choose which dashboard to boot from the Xenium menu.

Two (best):  Use EVTool (available on thetools page here at Xbox-Scene) to edit your evox m8 bios and point the first boot to a different filename or location.  (i.e.  C:\UnleashX.xbe) and flash your chip with that, and make sure the file you've pointed the bios to is in the correct place and named correctly.

Option 2 is a bit more advanced, but neither are really hard.  With EVTOOL you can also add/change some features such as the LED color and the colors of the Xbox logo when you first boot (after animation, before dash loads)

View Post

Thanks for the tips...I had tried all of this with Evox M8 but no luck...wrong version of Evtools I think. So I dl'ed Evox M8 Plus and got Evtools to modify it and point it in the right direction. SUCCESS ATLAST biggrin.gif. Now I have the dashboard I want and the xbox logo is red now wink.gif . One last question, do you know if the scene right before the Xbox Logo can be modified also? Kinda looks funny starting out green the goes to red logo. Just wondering. Anyway THANKS FOR THE TIP, my frustration is over beerchug.gif

#11 Jtech|I

Jtech|I

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,645 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:33 AM

Yes, using KernelBasher

#12 Xaryc777

Xaryc777

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:06 PM

QUOTE(gary004 @ Feb 14 2005, 07:28 PM)
Yes, I have the ice and evox m8 loaded and use unleashx without issue, I also run avalaunch, msmc, dvd2xbox as apps.

I love this combo because I have everything passcoded so all my daughter and her friends can do is play "E" Games, without the passcode they cant screw anything up.

View Post

I have looked but can't seem to find the passcode option that you talked about please can you point me in the right direction.

#13 gary004

gary004

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE(Xaryc777 @ Feb 17 2005, 04:12 PM)
I have looked but can't seem to find the passcode option that you talked about please can you point me in the right direction.

View Post

In the settings menu you need to turn on menu edit I think it's called, then when you get to a game or a menu option you want to password or passcode you use the back button to bring up a menu then select passcode, enter a sequence from ther controller for example (AAAB). I'm going off the top of my head so some terms may be off a bit but this should get you going.

Good Luck, let us know how you make out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users