X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:23 AM

ok, I have modded my Xbox 1.0 with the X3 chip and replaced the hard drive with a Western Digital 80 gig, the thing rawks!!!! Now I want to use the original 10 gig in my cpu.

Now before i get flamed i have read through the forums, tutorials and been searching every possible place online for the last 3 days and I can not find an answer to my question...is there anyway I can extract the password off the original hard drive using my PC or am I limited to taking appart my xbox and sticking the original drive back into it?

Now when I ran ATAPWD.exe it asked for the password so it could compare it to the one on the Hard drive! so, back to my question...can I extract the password to unlock it off the original hard drive using my PC?

I had a hell of a time putting the Xbox back together after installing the mod chip, HDD and lights (tight squeze). Not into tearing it appart again...

#2 the_fly_guy

the_fly_guy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:26 AM

as far as i know u are going to have to put it back in it really shouldnt be that hard all u have to do is take the top lid off and unplug the new drive and plug in the old one

#3 seymore

seymore

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Interests:Too many to list
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 February 2005 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE(the_fly_guy @ Feb 15 2005, 03:32 AM)
as far as i know u are going to have to put it back in it really shouldnt be that hard all u have to do is take the top lid off and unplug the new drive and plug in the old one

View Post

It'll be a pain in the ass, after i wired in leds all across the front, all 4 game ports and placed a cathode under the jewel pluss I had to wire the exernal switch through the side, it is a real basta*d getting the lid on it to begin with. Thanx, I'll just toss the thing and buy a new one for my pc...thanx man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users