• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SStar269

SStar269

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:01 PM

I tried searching the forums for this before i ask, but didnt find it anywhere, but i may of overlooked it. sorry if i did. But i was wondering can i burn dvds(iso's or any image dvd movie) then play it in my xbox, without having to have a mod chip?

#2 aswilbourn

aswilbourn

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Interests:Countries beginning with the letter L. <br />Cheese
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2005 - 01:49 PM

yes.

#3 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(SStar269 @ Feb 15 2005, 12:07 PM)
I tried searching the forums for this before i ask, but didnt find it anywhere, but i may of overlooked it. sorry if i did. But i was wondering can i burn dvds(iso's or any image dvd movie) then play it in my xbox, without having to have a mod chip?

View Post

Yes and no. You can do it without a modchip, however it will require some sort of mod method in order to get it to work (ie TSOP flash, softmod, ect.). The bottom line is that you will still need an altered Bios of one form or another functioning on your XBOX in order to get it working. If it is a backup of a DVD Movie it will work on an XBOX with no modification whatsoever. However if you are talking divx/xvid, mpeg1, ect. then you will need XBMC and to get XBMC up and running you will need a modified bios of some sort. For games you will absolutely need a modified bios. You are going to need to read the XBOX original disc over to your PC (via networked FTP) and ONLY THE XBOX CAN READ THE ORIGINAL DISC!!!!!!!!! You will need to get one of the modified dashboards in order to be able to network your XBOX to your PC.

#4 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:32 PM

jesterrace777: He means DVD Movie backups. Which burned on good media will read in your xbox without needing a modchip.

#5 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2005 - 10:35 PM

DVD movies yes. XBOX games no.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users