11 replies to this topic

#1 raggedraider

raggedraider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:40 AM

is there any type of employment for people with xbox ( type ) skills ? ( that wont land you in prison )

like positions for " sub electronic technitions" , im not saying somebody who can spray paint an xbox. but more like people who are capable of reading the directions and using the basic tools ( meter , soldering iron , ect )- a "mild" understanding of eletronics

what type of demand would there might be for a person who could successfully install more ram ? or pull a tsop ( and get it back on ) , tweak the pot on a dvd drive ( with out smoking it -because you understood what you were doing )

im not saying employment to make alot of money - just get paid for it ?

this is not really a joke--- just a question
thanx

#2 XeroKitsune

XeroKitsune

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Anime, Video Games, & random other things.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:28 AM

Closest thing I can think of off hand is maybe being a CompUSA employe or working for a local PC shop?

#3 itsame

itsame

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:31 AM

Radio Shack Employee of the Month.

#4 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:35 AM

actually its required that you know shit about anything electronics related to work at rs... i was buy a breadboard and random parts and some guy asked me "so you making your own graphics card or something?", to which i replied "something like that"... "oh cool" as i was walking out rolling my eyes...

rolleyes.gif

#5 67thRaptorBull

67thRaptorBull

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 15 2005, 07:41 PM)
actually its required that you know shit about anything electronics related to work at rs... i was buy a breadboard and random parts and some guy asked me "so you making your own graphics card or something?", to which i replied "something like that"... "oh cool" as i was walking out rolling my eyes...

rolleyes.gif

View Post

yea, i went in to buy a bunch of toggle switches and a router and hes like "gonna build a switchable home network"

i just said "no, building an xbox" and hes like "we got a couple for sale over here"

"i was like, thats ok"

then they offered me 10 batteries for $5, those bastards never let up on the battery issue

#6 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 16 February 2005 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE(raggedraider @ Feb 15 2005, 11:46 PM)
is there any type of employment for people with xbox ( type ) skills ? ( that wont land you in prison )

like positions for  " sub electronic technitions" , im not saying somebody who can spray paint an xbox.  but more like people who are capable of reading the directions and using the basic tools ( meter , soldering iron , ect )- a "mild"  understanding of eletronics

what type of demand would there might be for a person who could successfully install more ram ? or pull a tsop ( and get it back on ) , tweak the pot on a dvd drive ( with out smoking it -because you understood what you were doing )

im not saying employment to make alot of money - just get paid for it ?

this is not really a joke--- just a question
thanx

View Post

I think to be a "technition" you need to be capable of spelling technician. That's why I like my title of "CAD guy". It's much easier to spell.

Edited by Rylinkus, 16 February 2005 - 04:08 AM.

#7 bluedeath

bluedeath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE(67thRaptorBull @ Feb 15 2005, 06:01 PM)
yea, i went in to buy a bunch of toggle switches and a router and hes like "gonna build a switchable home network"

i just said "no, building an xbox" and hes like "we got a couple for sale over here"

"i was like, thats ok"

then they offered me 10 batteries for $5, those bastards never let up on the battery issue

View Post

That is hilarious. Those chuckleheads push batteries like their life depends on it.

If anyone here wants to make easy money go to script lance, hire some desperate latvian programmers at 65 cents an hour and have them start making program clones. You can make a killing undercutting the feeble competition in the flash module arena (swish, swif etc.). Decent photoshop plugins are hard to find. A macromedia captivate clone would do very well. Things like that.

#8 raggedraider

raggedraider

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 02:53 PM

think to be a "technition" you need to be capable of spelling technician. That's why I like my title of "CAD guy". It's much easier to spell.

I think to be a "technition" you need to be capable of spelling technician. That's why I like my title of "CAD guy". It's much easier to spell.

hence the term of sub technition
( i can laugh at myself )

forgive my poor english i graduated from a new jersey ( usa ) high school.

thanx

#9 SKoT

SKoT

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE(raggedraider @ Feb 16 2005, 01:59 PM)
think to be a "technition" you need to be capable of spelling technician. That's why I like my title of "CAD guy". It's much easier to spell.

hence the term of sub technition
( i can laugh at myself )

forgive my poor english i graduated from a new jersey ( usa )  high school.

thanx

View Post

what. a. dumbass.

you think you can land a technical career because apparently you have nothing else going in your life but xbox modding. If you think you are electronically sound you could at least try to figure out how to quote someone on forums.

People like you piss me off because you think just because you can TSOP flash or some shit you automatically DESERVE a tech job. Try going to college? Or is being smart too hard for you and "New Jersey high school diploma"?

btw my mom graduated from a highschool in new jersey and she manages 15 retail stores.

#10 bluedeath

bluedeath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE(SKoT @ Feb 16 2005, 09:21 AM)
what. a. dumbass.
you think you can land a technical career because apparently you have nothing else going in your life but xbox modding. If you think you are electronically sound you could at least try to figure out how to quote someone on forums.
People like you piss me off because you think just because you can TSOP flash or some shit you automatically DESERVE a tech job. Try going to college? Or is being smart too hard for you and "New Jersey high school diploma"?

btw my mom graduated from a highschool in new jersey and she manages 15 retail stores.

View Post

Get off it man.
Techies are a dime a dozen. Half of the chimps out there don't deserve their inflated position at HP, MICRON, NOVELL etc. College is a joke. If you think that college is going to teach you what you need to know to survive in this bloodthirsty market you are sadly mistaken. You need an in and you better dig up some natural talent or you will not make it.

We are all real glad that mommy made it off the streets. Most women get what they want as long as they are willing to do what it takes.........

Edited by bluedeath, 17 February 2005 - 01:34 AM.

#11 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 01:50 AM

Yeah, my electrical engineering degree has meant very little to me thus far. Thankfully I co-oped at a place that made me learn CAD and now Ie got a job in that. Absolutley NOTHING to do with my degree unless you base it on the fact that many tools and office supplies we have RUN on electricity.

#12 bluedeath

bluedeath

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 02:33 AM

Lynda Learning all the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users