• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sishirio

Sishirio

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 01:56 AM

The answer is very simple ... DONT BUY XBIT.

I bought the new xbit v1.5 and after modding several xbox's using previous xbit i was confident in modding, not untill i got this new chip. Everytime i try to install the bios and veriify it using xbit's bios software, it reads as an error ... no matter which slot i use, if its 512, 256 or 1mb.

I tried it all but even so i installed this newer xbit on my xbox that uses the older xbit v1.0 and it didnt want to work. I re-adjusted the new xbit v1.5 many times using the pogopins and still it wont boot to any of the bios i placed on the chip. Simple dont buy it...im dissapointed in xbit, they need to have this issue fixed seeing that im not the only one with this problem.

If its not a manufacturing problem then maybe its tampering by the distributor; when i got the xbit i noticed that the write protection part (the top left portion of the wafer board) was already broken off. I purchased from divineo; i never had this problem in the past but id take caution form buying from them again.

#2 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 February 2005 - 12:06 PM

Just thought id point out, the write protection seal is broken i n the factory for the 1.5 xbits because they 'test that the chips work' before distribution..

Anyway, the chip is still a piece of shit and DMS need to do something about it.

I personally feel that the 1.5 xbit was a downgrade and the chip was only revised so that DMS could spend less on production by using cheaper parts and different manufacturers.
If you compare a 1.0 and a 1.5 xbit, you can tell that the 1.5 feels cheap and shitty.

pop.gif .

#3 robpury

robpury

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:27 PM

There are a few things everyone should know about the x-bit 1.5......
1st: Use the 1.5 flash software when flashing a 1.5 chip, DUH. The old 1.0 software will not work and you will have errors. Download from http://www.dms3.com/
2nd: Unplug all USB devices (even keyboard and mouse; use ps/2 connections) This avoids no connection issues and random errors while flashing
3rd: Clean/scrape off the d0 points with a very small tipped screwdriver, nail, or thumbtack.

Besides the obvious dip switch settings, wire hookups, and the right .bin file/size(I'm using evox m8plus.bin) these three tips are by far the most important to remember when flashing and installing an x-bit 1.5. This chip will work on all 1.0-1.5 XBOX models solderlessly and the 1.6 with an adapter.

Edited by robpury, 22 August 2007 - 01:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users