Q's About Bios'
Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:52 AM
1) Do you think it is worth upgrading to another bios?
2) If so what Bios do you recommend?
3) If i haven't Flashed a bios before, do you think i would be able to do it myself?
Thanks for your help.
Posted 17 February 2005 - 11:41 AM
2) Xecuter's X2.4981.06
3) Depends on if the contacts needed to flash the TSOP are still soldered...
Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:01 PM
And reagarding the answer to Q 3, how can i find out if all the points are still soldered properly??
I'm pretty sure its still all okay.
Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:08 PM
The only way to check if the points are still soldered would be to:
1) Open the case and see for yourself, or
2) Try and flash it...?
Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:13 PM
And if i stuff it up, whats the worst that can happen?
And one last thing, i'm assuming flashing the Bios won't erase any data, is this correct?
Sorry for so many questions.
Posted 17 February 2005 - 12:28 PM
2) You'd have to find a way to reflash it properly if you mess it up (I recommend a good deal of research about TSOP flashing and what brand of TSOP chip you have, etc.)
3) No, not in your case.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users