• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hopstar

hopstar

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:10 PM

first off I will begin with I am completely new to the Xbox mod community because I was deathly afraid of screwing up my XBOX due to my own fault so that is why I have been out of these parts until now....... my xbox is unmodded and until I started getting the red light grr.gif and service message I opened it up to see if I can see anything obvious to fix..... no such luck. I called a local repair shop they said it is toast.......MB and HD are married and cannot be replaced seperate.... I talked to a buddy who does some modding on his he said there is something I can do to 1. replace the HD and or retrieve the saved games data off the HD even with the chattering noise.... any info anyone can give me to help fix my problem if I can mod it and fix it or replace the HD and then mod it so it works better and has some more options I am open I just wanna play with the system and if I can salvage the info off the HD I will be happy... I will probably have to buy a new xbox as a result but thats where I was after I talked to the repair shop... thanks for any suggestions uhh.gif

Hop

#2 caster420

caster420

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,527 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2005 - 04:35 PM

You can mod it and boot of an evox or install disc. This will allow you to effectively bypass the hd for the moment. If your settings are correct and you have a router or cross-over cable you can ftp to your box and see if your hd is accessable at all. If not, buy a new hd, slap it in there and format the partitions and install like normal. You will loose all data on your current drive if you can't access it.

Caster

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2005 - 05:54 PM

Take the chance and Mod the box buy a big harddrive and start getting more pleasure from your Xbox. It opens up a whole new world

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users