• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Hollis

Hollis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:13 PM

ok, so my freind put a new chip in my xbox and loaded evolutionX. Everything worked good. He gave me my xbox and said he would come over and load the program like slayer and stuff. The was like 3 weeks ago. So i start thinking I'll just do it myself. Well I messed up everything and my freinds on vaction now.

I DL slayer 2.6 and EvoX.

I thought I had to reflash my thing first because thats were all the tutorials started. So I did that with 3.03. at the blue screen. now I burned both slayer and evox on different disks. I put them in and my xbox starts only if i hold the power button. It loadamd the says disk is messed up.

It doesn't say evolutionX on the bottom anymore

Ok so i'm completely lost can someone just point me in the right direction.

Thanks so much

Hollis

The blue light on the chip is on and SO i think the chip was put in right if it worked before

Edited by Hollis, 17 February 2005 - 09:15 PM.

#2 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:20 PM

Holding the power button disables the chip (usually) so it won't boot your CDs. What happens if you just press the power button? Did you reflash your chip with the Flashbios 3.0.3? What chip do you have?

Edited by jameswalter, 17 February 2005 - 09:22 PM.

#3 Hollis

Hollis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:23 PM

when i tape it it flashes green once then shuts down or it flashes red/green and i get a black screen

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:26 PM

Holding the power button disables the chip so it won't boot your CDs

How do ya work that out if you don't know what chip it is?
What chip is it and how did you enable disable it before? You need to give more info.
If its an aladdin chip (they have a blue light on) then you do have to hold the power button to enable the chipand it does sound like you have flashed with flash bios 3.03 but you should get the flash screen.
Did you try to flash it from slayers by any chance?
Defo More details needed

#5 Hollis

Hollis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:33 PM

It sayes its flashed with 3.01 when i hold both bottons and get to the flash screen..

I'm not sure what chip it is i think its the executer one.

ok yeah i'm pretty sure its the X-Ecuter 3 chip

Edited by Hollis, 17 February 2005 - 09:38 PM.

#6 racerx080

racerx080

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:42 PM

I just purchase an X-Box that is pre-loaded with software. I would like to know what type information that I can and can't delete.

The xbox came with a mod chip and 120GB hard drive.
Evo-X 1.8.3752
Bios X2 4976.02

I am able to view the information using Flashfxp but there is so much information. Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by racerx080, 17 February 2005 - 09:44 PM.

#7 Hollis

Hollis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:49 PM

My roomate has an un-Modded ebox. i don't no if that will help. But any more info to get this salved is always good

#8 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:52 PM

I just purchase an X-Box that is pre-loaded with software. I would like to know what type information that I can and can't delete.

You can start your own thread for a kick off. its not very polite to Hijack this thread is it.

To Hollis You need to load up to the flash screen and reflash a suitable hacked bios onto the chip not Cromwell. Once you have done that let us know what the exact symptom is then with any error codes or what dash is missing etc.

#9 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 February 2005 - 09:58 PM

If you have an X3 there should be an external black switch so you can set the banks and it also tells you when the chip is on. If you tap the power button then you will see the X3 logo blue and the chip is on and it will take you to the Flashbios screen. If you hold the power button the X3 logo will turn red and chip is disabled, shoul go into MS dash.

If thats was happening then get X3s latest bios build (i think its 2914), make sure banks 1,2 are ON and banks 3,4,5 are OFF. Then flash it with the 1mb 2914 X3 bios.

Edited by ModdingManiac, 17 February 2005 - 10:00 PM.

#10 Hollis

Hollis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:43 PM

Ok yeah that sounds like the one I have but my freind didn't hook up the extrnal switch. I'm trying to DL that bios now thats for all the help

#11 Hollis

Hollis

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2005 - 12:03 AM

ok i downloaded the X3 bios and it seems to have worked. I loaded it on now when i turn it on it starts green but nothing comes up on the screen its just black.

If I hold the button the MS dash starts but wont play games always says it can't read the disk

If I hold both buttons it still says v3.01

What do i do next and my evox dvd that i made or the slayer one that i made??

thanks for all the help guys

Edited by Hollis, 18 February 2005 - 12:15 AM.

#12 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 February 2005 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE(Hollis @ Feb 17 2005, 09:49 PM)
Ok yeah that sounds like the  one I have but my freind didn't hook up the extrnal switch. I'm trying to DL that bios now thats for all the help

View Post

QUOTE(Hollis @ Feb 17 2005, 11:09 PM)
ok i downloaded the X3 bios and it seems to have worked. I loaded it on now when i turn it on it starts green but nothing comes up on the screen its just black.

If I hold the button the MS dash starts but wont play games always says it can't read the disk

If I hold both buttons it still says v3.01

What do i do next and my evox dvd that i made or the slayer one that i made??

thanks for all the help guys

View Post

I haven't install the X3 without the switches before but I'm pretty sure you will need it to set the switches to what size bios you want flash, you might have done a bad flash, luckily the X3 has the backup Bios. I would look for the external switches.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users