cliffy88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2005 - 12:53 AM

OK I have found out that I have a version 1.4 xbox. So I go to screw down the chip, and its a no go...it just frags if I get it in the right place. Or it wont load up the bios. So I decided to solder it. The stupid thing still frags. This chip is just a pieace of crap. I got mine from divineo, and I think I'm going to send it back...unless someone knows what to do.

#2 HitokiriMaster

HitokiriMaster

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:10 AM

First of....

That chip sucks...I bough the same chip from the same place Divineo...I hear good things about Divineo so I trust they dont send defective products on purpose...

I tried contacting tech support and it was a no go...
They couldnt help me with my problems...Also, I noticed the D0 point doesnt line up to the spike pins on the chip. My chip was making my machine frag all the time.

My friend also bought a chip and is having 1001 problems flashing the chip. This is a dude that solders and installs chips all day...

Last but not least....no one in forums will help you. No one has no clue in fxing these problems. Your posts will get read but not replied. Atlest with other chips you can find some support.

This is their return policy...
http://www.divineo.c...-us/info_6.html

Good luck contacting them. Took me 3 days for a response. huh.gif

Edited by HitokiriMaster, 19 February 2005 - 04:12 AM.

#3 dirtmerchant

dirtmerchant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:43 AM

that's too bad that you have had some bad luck with the chip.

Mine took a little bit of patience to install.. but that's about it.

Yeah I was frustrated... but in the end : it wasn't the chip's fault (although everybody seems to blame the chip first) wink.gif

#4 cliffy88

cliffy88

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 February 2005 - 06:48 AM

Oh trust me...I have replaced that stupid thing over 100 times, tried different pressures and everything. Then I soldered the stupid thing in place...and it still frags. No two points are touching, and the soldering job is perfect. There isn't much else I can think of to do, besides returning it.

#5 BurnerAzR

BurnerAzR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 February 2005 - 07:22 AM

Have you tryed the official DMS site? They still for some reason havent created the xbit forum but you can ask for help in the dms3 forum. Im on there once in a while helping people with there ps2's.

Edited by BurnerAzR, 20 February 2005 - 07:22 AM.

#6 osckat

osckat

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 11:14 AM

beerchug.gif Hey I had that trouble too. I notice when I solder the chip , I had to had the external dip switches connected. Make sure the modchip is on. Also when you flash it make sure you are using the proper size bank. Example: On the computer you select number 6 on top and you choose 256 bank #5. if you choose bank #5 , formatted and flash your xbit with a 256 bios. MAKE SURE, you have your dip swithches properly set when flashing. Hope that helps .

#7 derblack31

derblack31

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 306 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(dirtmerchant @ Feb 19 2005, 03:49 AM)
that's too bad that you have had some bad luck with the chip.

Mine took a little bit of patience to install.. but that's about it.

Yeah I was frustrated... but in the end : it wasn't the chip's fault (although everybody seems to blame the chip first) wink.gif

View Post

same here... works like a charm now!!! Does everything I want!

You guys could try filing off those little nipples on the chip (next to where the IDE port sits, you know where the write-disable was broken out).

If you file that down a little to make it a smooth line it should line up right. The 1.5 chips seem to be a little harder to fit in ("wiggle it a little it'll fit"). When you hear the d0 pin click it should work. once that's done keep it in place and tighten the screw.

you could also flash a bios where you have changed the colors (with XBtool) so you can see immediately if it's loading up the right bios...

it's probably not the chip that's broken.

hope that could help...

#8 FiveHorse

FiveHorse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 05:12 PM

i installed the xbit very easily. I use the orinal screw instead of the supplied one and it worked first time.

i couldnt flash the chip on my normal pc for some reason, but i used a vaio laptop i have acces to and it flashed fine.

#9 xboxnerd

xboxnerd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE(osckat @ Feb 20 2005, 04:20 AM)
beerchug.gif  Hey I had that trouble too. I notice when I solder the chip , I had to had the external dip switches connected. Make sure the modchip is on. Also when you flash it make sure you are using the proper size bank. Example:  On the computer you select number 6 on top and you choose 256 bank #5.  if you choose bank #5 , formatted and flash your xbit with a 256 bios. MAKE SURE, you have your dip swithches properly set when flashing.  Hope that helps .

View Post

So are you saying that you must set the dipswitches for #5 even WHILE you are flashing the BIOS? I thought you set the dipswitch only if you want to boot with that BIOS.

#10 kaarde

kaarde

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:22 PM

The dip switch position while you flash is not important, it only tells the chip which bios to load.
I had to had the external dip switches connected.

For some reason i've read hundred times already people saying that the chip started to work after they plugged the switch board back on.......here's a clue if that's your case....the xbit does not work without the switch board....period.

The little click sound is a good indicator, don't forget that you may have to scrappe the d0 pin on your mobo. I've been installing this chip since it came out, the only box i havent installed it on is an 1.6 and never had any trouble with any other version.

My first one was a pain, i was anxious to get it working and it was not going to well until i found out that i was using an X2 bios designed specifically for an executor board not a multi use bios!! So before blamming the chip take some time to check if you have every thing ready to go. Another cool thing about the xbit is that u can flash it even if it is not in the xbox since the usb connection gives it power !

#11 SesshoumaruTGN

SesshoumaruTGN

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 01:47 AM

if anything the one flash no USB compatable SpiderChip Sucks. XBit is probably the cheapest/reliable chip available especially the fact that you can flash the chip via USB. The main problem with people using xbit is , pogopin misallignment ,wrong software for xbit, and the fact most people don't know how to set it up properly. Trust me on this xbit is a great product. Now must kill the makers of the one flash Spiderchip grr.gif

#12 Kaelmobius

Kaelmobius

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:12 PM

At first I thought the horribility (nifty word, eh?) of this chip was just a bunch of hype but over the past two days I have realized fully the truthfulness of these claims. Not only have I spent over four hours trying to get the pogopin method to work but last night I finally decided I'd solder the chip to see if maybe my LPC port wasn't connected right. Bloody thing still frags. Also, the fourth dipswitch that is supposed to activate stealthmode so that it boots to the regular BIOS doesn't work! The green light on the external chip is on and everything. My guess is that many of these Xbit chips are defective.

But on a side-note, has anyone had any problems with flashing the bios? I'm pretty sure I'm using working bioses because I got them off Xbins and I've tried other resources as well. Has anyone ever encountered that when they flash the chip it said it was successful but it wasn't? Does my problem sound like a hardware issue or bios issue?

#13 Silentscream__

Silentscream__

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,202 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2005 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(SesshoumaruTGN @ Feb 24 2005, 11:53 PM)
if anything the one flash no USB compatable SpiderChip Sucks. XBit is probably the cheapest/reliable chip available especially the fact that you can flash the chip via USB. The main problem with people using xbit is , pogopin misallignment ,wrong software for xbit, and the fact most people don't know how to set it up properly. Trust me on this xbit is a great product. Now must kill the makers of the one flash Spiderchip grr.gif

View Post

The xbit software is full of bugs, the chip is cheaply made, it is badly designed, and the disable function doesnt work on alot of the newest ones.

IMO its a piece of shit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users