• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mantralapse

mantralapse

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:xbox live, programming,metal/hardrock, guitar, making games, playing RPG's, drawing, 3d modelling
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 20 February 2005 - 03:39 AM

my xbox has been working FINE for 1.5 years.... nothing has changed on it.... i downloaded a .mpeg off of limewire and transferred it to my xbox about a week ago..... i have an xecuter 2.3b lite plus with x2 4987(# may be wrong) bios, i have a 250 gig hdd, its locked(i know the password), i have it set to boot up with MXM...

ALRIGHT, one day i went over my friends... i took my xbox with me... i didnt hook it up or play it at all.... when i got home i hooked it back up... i turned it on with the modchip DISABLED, so it was running on the default BIOs.... when i did it stayed at the "XBOX" screen for several minutes (alot longer then normal) after those minutes passed the word "MS" finally appeared below the "XBOX".... then it VERY laggily and slowly began to load the xboxdashboard.... HOWEVER, the buttoms were not showing up, along with the reactor core thing... the only thing i could see was the background (the green grid thing that rotates slowly) but when it started to rotate it didnt refresh fast enough so it lgot jumbled up looking... it continued to be REALLY laggy.... so i turned it off.... then enabled the modchip.... it was at the "XBOX" for a long time AGIAN, then it finally said "XECUTER" below "XBOX", when it loaded MXM matrix loading screen it stopped at "LOADING MENUS" and never changed (i waited up to 40 mins)... i turned it off.... i put halo 2 in.... turned it back on... it started to load halo... then frooze...

thats my story... interesting isnt it?

-----------what ive tried so far....
i tried removing the modchip, no change.....
i tried cleaning everything, replaces the ide cable, unhooked the dvd player and tried... all the same...
when i unhooked the hdd i got an error 7, (i thought no hdd was 13?)...

possiblilites: bios got corrupted... hdd went bad, ide cable went bad(ruled out), the files on the hdd got corrupted by a virus (maybe from that .mpeg i downloaded?), xbox live downloaded something f*ed up, static shorted out something.... etc...

---------------what i need
how can i repair this problem, and prevent it from happening agian?
-first, i need to get access to the harddrive, by unlocking hdd through the comp, or by a custom boot cd...
- i need to replace all system files, (i dont know where to get replacement files sad.gif ), replace the dashboards,
-reflash the bios
-any way to check to see if the hdd went bad?
-any suggestions...

iam clueless at what to do now... my xbox was hOOked up, 200 gigs or crap 50 gigs free... hdd is only 1.5 years old, and was only used for the xbox (brandnew).... plus my xbox live accounts

i want to savage anything i can, i COULD wipe the whole hdd, but what if thats not the problem? thats a last resort... i need guidence, a felllow modder struggles to keep his sanity.

please help me, or walk me through this horrific event.

contact me,...
aim: mantralapse
msn: mantralapse@hotmaill.com
yahoo: mantralapse
email: blake@arcanism.com

any help would be appreciated

#2 mantralapse

mantralapse

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:xbox live, programming,metal/hardrock, guitar, making games, playing RPG's, drawing, 3d modelling

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:21 AM

bump

#3 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:22 AM

Well, first instincts would say it's a faulty IDE cable, but if you've ruled that out: then I'd guess problems with the Mobo or HD. (sucks)
If you removed the chip, and it had the same problems, then it must not be a bios issue, since both your hacked bios AND the MS bios are acting similar.

If you do know your HD lock password, you can use the program called hdunlock.exe to unlock your HD and then hddisabl.exe to disable the locking function (otherwise, it relocks when powered down). At least if it's a Mobo problem you can salvage your 250GB. If you don't know the lock code, but have the eeprom from that box, you can use a program called LiveInfo to get the correct lock code. All those programs are found on the Xbox-Scene site from the main page under tools
http://www.xbox-scene.com/tools.php

Also, Error 7 makes sense. HD timeout (aka no HD). Error 13 is no dashboard files.
So, I'd unlock the HD. Hook it up to another modded xbox and see if it acts slow. If so, problem is with the HD. If not, try hooking up some other HD to your Xbox (maybe the stock one if you still have it). If that acts slow, then problem is with the Mobo.

#4 mantralapse

mantralapse

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:28 AM

iam pretty technical savvy, but ive never heard the term mobo... whats that?

nm it just dawned on me....
mother board

Edited by mantralapse, 20 February 2005 - 04:29 AM.

#5 talon32779

talon32779

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:31 AM

I'm pretty english savvy, but I never heard the term nm... whats that? tongue.gif

#6 mantralapse

mantralapse

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:34 AM

tongue.gif

#7 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 20 February 2005 - 04:34 AM

One of may favorite lines from Futurama:

BENDER: What did you call me?!