lythoboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 August 2002 - 03:01 PM

I just chipped a new xbox (2002-05-08) and it works fine normally, evox on the hard drive.
But.. the dvd rom is shite, it wont load hardly anything. Occasionally, it will load up a game but only from dvd-r (3rd gen) but most of the time it wont.

I have seen the articles relating to making the dvd rom better at reading discs, but has anyone here tried it? does it work? is it worth it?

ta

#2 megaflux

megaflux

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 August 2002 - 11:18 PM

it originally worked for me but then for some reason it just stopped (maybe thats why all the resin was on the fkn thing ...to keep it from moving) now i keep playing with it and i can get it to read originals and thats about it. i think the early drives are just shyt and think im just gonna install a real dvd drive so i can use ANY media i want flawlessly.
this pot thing will get ya friggin anti-stoned real fast as its a big ole pain in the azz just to get to the thing and even harder to adjust

#3 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 05:50 AM

I tweaked two thomson drives and noticed a big difference in readibility. If you're comfortable with a multimeter, give it a try...tongue.gif

#4 Dr Seuss

Dr Seuss

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (powerben5000 @ Aug 22 2002, 04:50 AM)
I tweaked two thomson drives and noticed a big difference in readibility. If you're comfortable with a multimeter, give it a try...tongue.gif

So the Tweaks Coffee boy gave his pot a tweak?

#5 megaflux

megaflux

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 10:27 AM

ben i got a thompson what #'s worked on em do you remember?

#6 Dani

Dani

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 05:33 PM

I had some problems with reading CDRW in the begin. Thats why i did the pot tweak, 950 ohms and it worked great. But then after a couple of days it read nothingnot even originals lol. So i did the tweak again and it was still 950 ohms..tested it again with 50 ohm steps and got it stable @ 1450 ohms. Still cant read CDR but CDRW work perfect now.

Got a Thomson btw.

#7 powerben5000

powerben5000

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 August 2002 - 09:28 PM

I got both of the drives working with cdrw @825 ohms, most people report that 950 works, mine wouldn't...tongue.gif

#8 lythoboy

lythoboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 September 2002 - 03:24 AM

great, thanks everyone!
gonna try it after I come back from spain...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users