• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 stevemahon

stevemahon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:13 AM

I have a 1.4 with the xecuter2.3 and latest bios. I've been backing up my games and playing from the HD for about a year. Today, I decided to update some of the applications. I copied my hddloader and games folders to my PC via FlashFXP for backup. There were some files in two of the games (THUG2 and I don't remember the other) it could not copy. I didn't spend much time messing with it because I have the original DVDs and I didn't expect to wipe out the HD, which, of course I did wipe out. Here are my questions, and please keep in mind that I am inexperienced:
1. Is there a backup utility that can run on the PC or on the Xbox that automates the process and handles files FlashFXP couldn't copy?
2. It seems incredibly slow, especially copying from PC to Xbox. It seems like FlashFXP is making a connection with each file. If this is the case, could an archive be transferred, then unpacked on the Xbox? Maybe I just have some FTP settings wrong in FlashFXP or Xbox. As it is, it will be much faster for me to rip the games from original discs, than to copy the backups back from the PC.
3. Finally, and not copletely related; I'm probably going to pick up a new Xbox and new Xecuter 3 chip. Can remove the HD from my current Xbox and drop it into the new one, keeping all my games?

Thanks,
Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users