• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tyrael

tyrael

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:27 AM

finally got to sauder in the chip properly after a hard grueling effort (x2pro) but now I cannot flash teh bios because it says that verification failed. It does read the chip with the device manufacturing code, etc. and everything else checks out fine except when i try to flash it. Umm...anyone?

I actually get Verification FAILED at 000000 : Read [09] Expecting [00]
but this changes every now and then!

After flashing i get FRAG. so that means that all the points are on good right? So i guess i need a shorter parallel cable? it is a 6' one and my friend actually has been using it before. what now? any suggestions? I also set the port to EPP instead of bi-directional and that didn't help solve the problem.
Writing goes fine and read read fine...but the verification fails.

#2 BenJeremy

BenJeremy

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,690 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 March 2003 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (tyrael @ Mar 8 2003, 08:27 PM)
finally got to sauder in the chip properly after a hard grueling effort (x2pro) but now I cannot flash teh bios because it says that verification failed. It does read the chip with the device manufacturing code, etc. and everything else checks out fine except when i try to flash it. Umm...anyone?

I actually get Verification FAILED at 000000 : Read [09] Expecting [00]
but this changes every now and then!

After flashing i get FRAG. so that means that all the points are on good right? So i guess i need a shorter parallel cable? it is a 6' one and my friend actually has been using it before. what now? any suggestions? I also set the port to EPP instead of bi-directional and that didn't help solve the problem.
Writing goes fine and read read fine...but the verification fails.

I had a problem like this - I got the 01 D5 back, and it supposedly programmed but refused to verify.

Then I switched my EPP from 1.7 to 1.9 and everything worked.

Worth a shot.... update your PC's BIOS if it doesn't have the option.

#3 ABEG

ABEG

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 05:38 AM

Same thing happened with mine on multiple Xbox installs. It seems it was just the Parallel cable, because although the verification fails, everything works fine. Just forget the verify and try booting up your box, there is a good chance it will work regardless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users