shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:22 PM

I am thinking of making a lego case for my xbox. I am fully aware that this has been done before, but i have seen pictures and none of them have come out too well and i was thinking that i would put alot of time into this one, and either find blocks all the same color or spray paint the blocks all the same color to look better. Then i was thinking that i could hot glue some lego blocks sideways onto the dvd bezel so that it would have the textured top part facing outwards....making the slot blend in but also be noticeably diferent. I was also thinking of trap doors-type-of-thing for the controller ports (i am looking at some door like peices that i could use and they would slide inwards for hiding and storage) and then i would use lego window peieces on the sides so that there was some visibility. I have started to build the lbase etc. of the case, but i am waiting on the arrival of the xbox parts that i am going to use on the inside. I am also planning on putting the case on little feet, so that i could have an intake fan on the underside creating some better airflow through the rear. I will post pics as soon as the parts come (hopefully soon), but until then what do you think and do you have any other ideas?
Thanks

#2 iforgotmyname

iforgotmyname

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:29 PM

you could line the top edges with lego guy heads jester.gif. But for the dvd i would dremmle all of the top of the lego of so you had a thin top pice to bend in to shape or you could buy a flat pice of lego and cut it into shape.

#3 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:31 PM

yeah the flat piece was sorta was i was talking about..but a little differently...and also there should be no dremmeling involved..maybe some drilling to add screw mounts but i think that should be it....also i decided on an all black design...with a green X painted or somehow designed in legos on the top...i think that would be real cool cool.gif

#4 daser1220

daser1220

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:41 PM

awesome idea. beerchug.gif I wanna see some pics when this is done.

#5 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:42 PM

will do...would help if someone had a cheap good working used xbox they wanted to trade or sell!

#6 jameschatz

jameschatz

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:25 PM

U should try ebay or the B/S/T forum here for an xbox

I wanna see sum pics wen it is dun too cuz it will look cool

beerchug.gif

#7 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:52 PM

Don't worry about putting a fan on the underside. There's not enough space for the air to efficiently move around the MOBO to make a difference. Additionally, adding that fan, whether sucking or blowing, would impede airflow to the parts that desperately need teh cooling effects of efficient air flow.

I do like the idea. ANd you've got to make it so that you can stick lego dudes above or on each controller port to represent who's plugged in!

#8 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:14 PM

i suggest getting LegoCad or LegoInventor (both free when i got them at least) they have a catelog of lego parts and let you make "instructions" on how you should build what you designed, I made a couple of things in the past, works really well

#9 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:48 PM

nah i almost feel like that would be cheating....but got a link anyway so i can check it out? i searched google and all i found were lego sets and stuff

also...good idea about the lego guys but i would never feel like getting up to move the little fuckers haha

alright i wont do the fan on the underside...but then i am worried about circulation because there wouldnt be much space for air to travel to the inside of the case (to replace the grille on the side of the standard xbox case). Maybe i will just make some small vents on the sides of the case to allow air to travel in and out

#10 Shadow1218

Shadow1218

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:52 PM

wow...i gotta see how this turns out

#11 minnow

minnow

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:17 PM

For side vents, just use the thin slivers of legos, a combination of long and short ones to make a ventilated wall or two.

#12 shooptek

shooptek

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:26 PM

i have decided that spray paint wont look as good as all black legos...and i dont think i have enough all black legos..so maybe the front will be black...the sides green or white...and the back can be whatever because noone is ever going to see the back...i will try to make it all black if i have enough peieces but i dont think i do and i dont really want to spend money on the blocks if i dont HAVE to. the green X on top is going to be really hard to make look good out of lego blocks...but...i was thinking rather than the X being spraypainted on...i would make it out of legos (even if it looks a little jagged because of the outlines and shapes of the blocks) to go with the lego theme.

#13 xp-power

xp-power

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts
  • Interests:My Sexy Charlotte :p and of course Xbox

Posted 21 February 2005 - 08:43 PM

this is going to be f**king cool
I want to see this