3 replies to this topic

#1 porfuse

porfuse

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 07:37 PM

I was thinking about a hard drive fan, but I didnt really know if they'd be useful at all...I'd be able to easily fit it, I have an extender case.

I just think it'd be fun to have a hd cooler

In addition, if it is worth my 10$, I can only find hd coolers for 3.5 inch drives, so I went an measured my hd and it comes out to 4 inches....

::confused::

huh.gif

#2 pb2themax

pb2themax

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Car and Home audio
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 21 February 2005 - 09:23 PM

I have a HD fan on my 250 gb WD. I did it just for extra protection, since this 7200 rpm HDD does get hotter than the stock one. There are lots of guys that have had HDD overheating problems, so why not go ahead and do it. I did mine like this:

http://www.xbox-scen...cles/hddfan.php

#3 Dorfmiester

Dorfmiester

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 08:54 PM

QUOTE(porfuse @ Feb 21 2005, 08:48 PM)
I was thinking about a hard drive fan, but I didnt really know if they'd be useful at all...I'd be able to easily fit it, I have an extender case.

I just think it'd be fun to have a hd cooler

In addition, if it is worth my 10$, I can only find hd coolers for 3.5 inch drives, so I went an measured my hd and it comes out to 4 inches....

::confused::

huh.gif

View Post

Well...first off, the 3.5 inch dimension referrs to the width of the HDD, not the length, you cannot find a new HDD that is bigger than 3.5" wide. Laptop HDDs are smaller...good luck

#4 vollrathdude

vollrathdude

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 28 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

just use a program to crank up the system fan. With the x2 5035 bios that i have theres an ini and you can set the fan speed in it. I have a maxtor 200gb and with the system fan at 100% it runs nice and cool but a lil noisy. Btw the fan normally runs at 20%

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users