• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 freebird71

freebird71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:02 AM

I have the xecuter 2.3b with the Xbox v 1.4 . I am not understanding with the 4983 bios upgrade it has 2 .bin files. What do i do with them? I do not have just 1 .bin . Do I combine them or what? I just almost have every program that has been said on these forums. What I am trying to do is make a bios cd and i have the dummy file but have no idea of what to do with the .bin files (x2_4983.06_256k.bin , x2_4983.67_256k.bin). How do I change the name of both files to the same. I am missing something here. I HAVE BEEN ON EVERY FORUM that says how to make a bios cd. Everyone does not say anything about having 2 .bin files. I must be missing a step here. I tried not to bug anyone but this makes no sence. P.S. I have read every forum to find this answer.

#2 gcskate27

gcskate27

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts
  • Interests:video games, prgramming, comps, skateboarding, cooking, taking care of my lizards and dachshund
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:45 AM

well this is in the wrong forum but as the readme states: the .67 file is to have the drive partioned with both f: and g:... the .06 is for a large f: drive with no g:...

change whichever one you want to 1mb, make the disc and youre set...

#3 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE(freebird71 @ Feb 23 2005, 01:08 AM)
I have the xecuter 2.3b with the Xbox v 1.4 . I am not understanding with the 4983 bios upgrade it has 2 .bin files. What do i do with them? I do not have just 1 .bin . Do I combine them or what? I just almost have every program that has been said on these forums. What I am trying to do is make a bios cd and i have the dummy file but have no idea of what to do with the .bin files (x2_4983.06_256k.bin , x2_4983.67_256k.bin). How do I change the name of both files to the same. I am missing something here. I HAVE BEEN ON EVERY FORUM that says how to make a bios cd. Everyone does not say anything about having 2 .bin files. I must be missing a step here. I tried not to bug anyone but this makes no sence.                                                          P.S. I have read every forum to find this answer.

View Post

This REALLY should be in another section, such as Newbie chat or whatever.

BUT, since it's here...... the last 2 numbers, 06 or 67 just tell you what the bios does with any HD space over 137 gigs. If you chose option 06 youll end up with a larger F drive. If you use .67 you end up with a G drive instead and a normal F drive. Just chose 06 and be done with it. beerchug.gif

#4 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 February 2005 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Feb 23 2005, 01:51 AM)
well this is in the wrong forum but as the readme states: the .67 file is to have the drive partioned with both f: and g:... the .06 is for a large f: drive with no g:...

change whichever one you want to 1mb, make the disc and youre set...

View Post

Last I remember using a 1 meg bios isnt the greatest idea. A 512K bios will work just fine and leave one bank open or as Cromwell so if something goes wrong you don't NEED to buy a programmer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users